HBV DNA Quantitative
HI, one of my frien who is  25 yr old male who found  Hbs Ag and Hbe Ag Positive accidently 2 months ago, so he went for HBV DNA Quantitative and shockingly the Viral load is 41,38,13,098 IU/ml.
Please let me know how he should proceed from here.
He is not consulting any doctor for any treatment.Do we have to see a Gastroenterologist.
Hoping a quick reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Austin.
shockingly the Viral load is 41,38,13,098 IU/ml

hbv is complex and doesn't make damage to the liver, it is the immune reaction to the liver to make damage
so if alt/ast are normal with all that replication (replication is not the quantity of the virus...) he is immune tollerant so he has no damage at all and doesn t need any treatment both because no treatment works and because he is in the safest phase of hbv

on the contrary if alt/ast are not normal he has a very weak immune response and therapy is needed, only interferon, tenofovir and entecavir are approved
tenofovir is the sfest and most potent with almost no sides