Hepatitis B Community
HBV DNA decreasing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBV DNA decreasing

09-12-12
METHOD : RT-PCR (TAQMAN)
RESULT : > 110,000,000 IU/ml
> 640,200,000 copies/ml

05-18-13
METHOD : RT-PCR (TAQMAN)
RESULT : 1,057 IU/ml
6,152 copies/ml

Good day to all, here are my latest and past results.
I understand that my hbv dna is decreasing, is there any chance of clearing the virus?
and at this result is there any way to help clear the virus?

Thank you.
If you are acute the chance is very high. If not you need to test hbsag quantity to get the idea.
Which antiviral have you been taking?Since your viral load was very high 6 months ago,did you notice any sudden drop in your platelet count(due to liver infection),rise in ALT/AST levels at that time?
whatever it is: acute, chronic, on treatment, hbvdna predicts nothing as regards the infection, the test is just money wasted if you want to know if the infection is clearing.hbvdna in the blood has zero correlation with clearance of hbv in  the liver, the infection is due to cccdna inside the liver cells and the quantity of cccdna/infected cells is reflected by hbsag quantity and not hbvdna quantity, so only hbsag quantity can show if you are clearing the infection
Im not really sure if im acute but I have some theory which can be proven that I have infected someone last year at the time which I was tested of HepaB. It is coincidence? I might say my case is acute.

Im from the Philippines, and I dont know yet if there is hbsag quantity here. I need to have that test which stef2011 has also suggested.

Thanks.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/HBV-DNA-decreasing/show/1953605#
I just started taking baraclude last Feb. 12, 2013, and it was 3 months by the time that i took the HBV DNA test.

my SGPT before taking the baraclude was 140 but when I took baraclude in the first month it rose to 250 but at 3 months time it decrease to 135.
I didnt have platelet count tested.
if hbcab igm is negative you are chronic, taking antivirals hbvdna becomes und but this has no effect on the infection
are you EAG+ve or EAG-ve?

the DNA decrease seems to be slow.. you've been taking ETV since 6 months and still detectabel DNA...
What EAG? Im sorry , I dont think I have taken that lab test yet,
I just started taking baraclude last Feb.12, 2013 and my result was taken in 3 months, I dont know why its still undetectable.

How is EAG related to my  HBVDNA?
I think we have the Hbsag Quantification here using abbot. Is that fine? I'll get my lab test done soon.
Anti HBc Total  14.76       Reactive
Anti HBc IgM    0.09        NonRe
Is one of these the hbcab igm?
In 3 months, your HBV DNA has come down very well. I guess with the high viral load, you are E-Antigen Positive (meaning your virus are actively replicating). Sero-conversion to E-Antigen Negative can occur to you soon and we don't know whether that's a good thing or not. According to Drs, that's the aim of anti-viral treatment.

In the mean time, are you taking any supplements?
it is important your hbsag gets to 1000-1500iu/ml around these levels hbv cant suppress our interferon and our immune responses, hbeag becomes negative and hbsag will slowly clear in a few decades

if hbsag stays very high being hbvdna und has little meaning on the infection, the replication is lowered, liver damage lowered or none, but the infection goes on and antiviral needs to be taken for decades/life

so the end point is low hbsag
Thank you for not only being positive but also encouraging. :)

Yes,  I have been taking food supplements from Forever Living. Aloe Vera Juice, Bee Propolis , Arctic Sea, Absorbent C and Lycium Plus are good supplements.

Yes, I am E-antigen positive, and I guess thats the first step in for the total cure. I hope it will happen soon.
I see, I have task the diagnostic center here in our place and they have the Hbsag Quantification II in Roches. I'll have a schedule next week.
I hope I can see few number in my result.

Thanks. and I'll try my best to lower it. =)
No worries. You should start taking Vit D. I just start on them recently. I am assuming my Vit D level to be low because I am hardly an outdoor person.

Maybe you can get your doc to check the HBsAG level.

I sero-convert to e-antigen negative with ETV and I am assuming also sero-convert to e-antibody positive. They come concurrently.

Now I am on a juicing diet and strict vitamin regimen.
vit d is low because of hbv, the virus lowers it to replicate more and invade the liver easily
Wow! i hope I'll sero-convert soon.

I forgot to mention I am taking Vit C and E, and its a mistake that i forgot D. =)

Anyway, how can we gain Vit D without taking it? as you have said you aren't an outdoor person, but I think I'm between an indoor and outdoor person.

I have my exercise every morning 5:30 am to 7am, I jog in an hour and warm out the remaining minutes. Does that make me an outdoor person? c: I only eat fish and vege, sweet potatoes, boiled bananas and rice. I am on a strict diet too.

I'm going to my doctor tomorrow for the next step to my sero-conversion.
If we take vit D which helps to stop the virus to replicate, can we stop the etv?
Anyway, how can we gain Vit D without taking it?

no, the virus itslef probably lowers it, people with chronic diseases and obesity cannot get it in a natural way to optium levels

if we take vit D which helps to stop the virus to replicate, can we stop the etv?

not known yet, no studies on the results etv+vitd.
That's very good that you exercise every morning but the morning sun is not too fierce for your skin to absorb Vit D. Even Dr Oz take Vit D because it's hard to get enough from the diet and excessive sun exposure (have to be without sunscreen) can cause cancer.
Ok, thanks for the info.

I went to my doctor and she said taking my HBsAG level will not help me. She said its just for those who are having injections? Is this true?
She also said vit D has less effect on the virus. Is my doctor reliable? I only visited her twice and my routine of medications is based on what I read here in website.

Which is effective Carnithine orotate (Godex DS) or essentiale forte?
She gave me a prescription of Godex 2x a day.

I think stef2011 can help, but u also need to do da hbsag, the V.L really is useless to determine the state of ur health.
Not at all. Measuring HBsAg should be done to see whether it's on a downwards path. If there is an equipment to measure it, it should be done.

There is a study that Stef posted that have Vit D and Hep B correlation. Remember Vit D cannot be produce by our body. We need it from our diet.
your doctor is not reliable at all and she just report old guidelines of about 3 years ago without knowing what hbv and therapy are all about, it is best you find an updated liver specialist, she is definitely not able to personalize your treatment according to hbsag response and this is not hard to do so she is just incompetent and not updated

vit d3 can be obtained from pills only for us, hbv blocks vit d.the higher vit d the lower hbvdna as reported by 2 studies now, one from 2010 easl and one from latest easl
I was also thinking that she only said what was obvoius. I guess its hard to find good doctors here in the philippines.

I'll be having my Hbsag as soon as I can to keep you guys updated.
About the essentiale forte and Godex DS? Which is better?
What are you taking for vit d?