HBV/HCV co-infection

I've got a Hep B viral load of 30(low), a HCV VL of 475,000 (geno 3), ALT 41 for 3yrs now, everything else looks good. I likely contracted at 16yrs of age and have had for 20yrs.

I've tried to get into trials, but the B trials won't take me b/c of the HCv and vise versa. I'm in the SF  Bay Area. I want to get on an AV trial for the C, but for 5yrs now I've been stonewalled due to the HBV.

If I tx with interferoin, will it help the HBV?  My doctor says that it kills the virus for some people but not all, and that since B is a DNA virus it will always been in my DNa, but may stop replicating. She can't say whether the HCV is suppressing the HBV or if I'm just a nonactive carrier that is not replicating.

Any thoughts? Any ideas on how I can get in a trial? The only trials for B/c coinfected patients I've seen in 5yrs has been in Taiwan. Thanks!

check hbsag quantity by abbott architect in iu/ml, if hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml your immune system is active on hbv and interferon may have chances to clear hbv