Aa
A
A
Close
HBV/HCV co-infection
Hi,

I've got a Hep B viral load of 30(low), a HCV VL of 475,000 (geno 3), ALT 41 for 3yrs now, everything else looks good. I likely contracted at 16yrs of age and have had for 20yrs.

I've tried to get into trials, but the B trials won't take me b/c of the HCv and vise versa. I'm in the SF  Bay Area. I want to get on an AV trial for the C, but for 5yrs now I've been stonewalled due to the HBV.

If I tx with interferoin, will it help the HBV?  My doctor says that it kills the virus for some people but not all, and that since B is a DNA virus it will always been in my DNa, but may stop replicating. She can't say whether the HCV is suppressing the HBV or if I'm just a nonactive carrier that is not replicating.

Any thoughts? Any ideas on how I can get in a trial? The only trials for B/c coinfected patients I've seen in 5yrs has been in Taiwan. Thanks!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1

check hbsag quantity by abbott architect in iu/ml, if hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml your immune system is active on hbv and interferon may have chances to clear hbv
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
HBV/HCV co-infection
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources