HBV Untreated
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like some good advice. Here is my story. I live in the USA (Indiana). I was diagnosed with HBV in Feb. 2009. In may of 2009 I was prescribed baraclude .5mg once every day. I took the medicine until December 2009 and stopped taking it because I could no longer afford it. It was costing me abo
ut $850 per month. So, I haven't taken anything in about 11 months and I recently had a liver function test. These are my results:  Globulin 2.3  g/dl. ALB/GLO 2 g/dl. eGFR >60 ml/min/173m^2. Total bilirubin 0.6 mg/dl. Alkaline Phosphate 103 IU/L. GGT 168 IU/L. AST (SGOT) 26 IU/L. ALT (GPT) 30 IU/L. These are results that I have. Am I just going to die because I can't buy medicine? Do these numbers mean that I have recovered from hbv? What should I do. Having been untreated for 11 months am I going to be ok?
What is you HBeAg status ?  

when you start a antiviral do you have a test HVB DNA (viral load) ?
do you perform the HVB DNA test when you stop the antivirals?

Do you have the normal value for you test results (this value can be different from one lab to another one) ?

do you had any biopsy or fibroscan results ?
your test are not related to the HVB infection.

your test are related to the liver, and for example GGT is big and this can be a problem, but this GGT can be high form many reason and not related to HVB (e.g. alcohol consumption or fat liver or ....)

best way is to find a good hepatologist and discuss all of this with him, because non us us are doctors and the results can be or can't be related to HBV.
I don't remember my test results from when I had them done. What tests should I have done immediately? How long does it take to get results?
My suggestion (and I'm not a doctor) will be|:

- Fibroscan or biopsy (if Fibroscan is not available in you area) - to found out the actual liver status

- US to liver to found out if you have or not a fatty liver

- HBsAg quantitative if is possible

- viral load (HVB DNA PCR)

- other liver related tests could help (ALT and AST and if is posible also ALKP  and Bilirubin and ... ) - already have it

(usually it take 1 - 3 days for all results)

Base on test result, a doctor should be able to advise you if treatment is need or not and what are the next steps (also you should mentioned to the doctor that you stop Baraclude)
Thanks for info. Should any gastroenterologist be able to treat me or should I seek a more specialized doctor?
best is to look for a doctor that has knolage about HVB.
have a look on this http://www.hepbnet.org/ - it can help