Hepatitis B Community
HBV Viral Load Test Result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HBV Viral Load Test Result

I finally ship my blood sample to France for hbv viral load test and this is my result
3,4 log UI/ml  or  2660UI/ml

Can some one please tell me if i need to start treatment or not and which type of treatment is the best to lower my viral load?

please answer!

Thanks in advance

Just my opinion.

Whether to treat when your viral load is 2660 iu/ml I think will attract different answers from different doctors. Some guidelines seem to regard > 20,000 iu/ml as high, others regard 2,000 iu/ml as high to require consideration for treatment. Doctors will also take your ALT into account.

Certainly, I think other factors need to be considered, such as age, history, HbeAg status, and the current state of your liver through a Fibroscan or biospy. A quantitative HBsAg may influence your choice of treatment if treatment is needed.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...