Hepatitis B Community
HBV blood test.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBV blood test.

Dear Hbver's today i did a blood test & found out most of them out of range, any help or advice on what next to do is much appreciated & i am on 0.5mg entecavir. here is below:                                                                                                                          WBC 2.8K/UL( 3K/UL-12KU/L)                                                                                                                               RBC 4.98M/UL(4M/UL-5M/UL)                                                                                                                               RDW, RBC 12%( 12%-16%)                                                                                                                                  NEUTROPHILS 33%( 41%-79%)                                                                                                                           LYMPHOCYTES 52%( 13%-44%)                                                                                                                                 NEUTROPHILS AUTO COUNT 0.9K/UL( 2K/UL-7K/UL)
Sorry the 33% is Neutrophils automates account. Thanks again.
So, WBC and neutrophils are low but lymphocytes are high from what it appears.  What did your doctor say and are these results "normal" for you?

I'm not sure about the lymphocytes but can relate to the others.  My WBC and neutrophil count is usually low and even after seeing a hematologist they just said it may be how I am or the body constantly fighting HBV?  How are your platlets?  Sometimes if WBC and platlets are low this can mean portal hypertension or cirrhosis.  My platlets have always been good, although my spleen is usually slightly enlarged on scans, but have been his way for over 10 years.

Something I found that helps me, which was told by a doctor and verified this online, is by doing labs in the afternoon this usually raises WBC and neutrophil counts.  Your neutrophil count is a big part of your WBC count, so it makes sense your WBC count is low since your neutrophil count is low.  Our neutrophil and WBC count is usually lowest in early morning and rise as the day goes on.

My doctor also said that Since this is long standing then it's not a problem unless I'm sick a lot of feel bad, which I don't.  Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick respond twinboys1girl4me. Yes This is a very unusual to my blood tests & my platlets count is 184K/UL currently. Thanks again.
those percentages are not important, you can boost them by supplements like vit d3 or mushrooms extracts with betaglucans, melatonin, good night sleep and good diet as well
Thank you stef 2011 i do actually take the 10K vitD3 & Mushroom with a moderate diet.
Stef2011 due think this all reduction is due to the .5mg of entecavir specially both WBC & Neutrophils really not good at all kind of scary.
Sorry to but in to the question you asked Steff but it may help.  I do not think the Entecavir is to blame as when I was on Viread my WBC/neutrophil count was one month the highest I've ever seen (WBC 5.1 so not anything to brag about but high for me) and a month later when tested was down again out of range for WBC but lower within range for neutrophils.  

I was taking fresh garlic when I had my good test but stopped by the time I had my lower test.  I'm now back on 3-4 fresh crushed garlic each day.  Get labs again next month so who knows!  :)
Ok great b/c i read some where on the form some of the patients they had some neutrophils reduction due to tfn & i have never tried eating fresh garlic but i usually throw some garlic when I am cooking food but 'll give a try eating fresh garlic. Thank you so much again.
what kind of mushrooms, I'm using again Muril with beta glucans
Are you sure you are not B12 deficient ? It may cause neutropenia but from the other side your RBC is fine and it shouldn't when strong B12 deficiency.
Are you vegan or vegetarian ?
sorry, I red it wrong. RBC is 2.8K/UL( 3K/UL-12KU/L) ? So it may be B12 deficiency. Maybe try some b-complex with folic acid
Although I was B12 deficient my RBC was normal. If may not be the reason. It's just my openion.
Have you done Fibroscan within the last 1 year?
Yes sorte the fresh mushroom from wholefoods & i started recently the b12 & b complex.
Aduski I am waiting for the  end  of December for the fibroscan to be done.
& the worst things i found out today my ALT (08/18/015) which was 27 went all the way to 75( 11/04/2015)...so disappointing. Does this mean my virus mutated or drug resistance????
Sorry for the confusion sorte 2.8Ku/l is my WBC..
What does your doc said?
If the mushrooms are shitake, maitake, then NK activation could have occurred,  causing a spike in alt.
Thanks flynsky & studyforhope. My Dr. Asked me if I am taking the .5mg of entecavir daily & ahh I'll make sure next time to read the mushroom i am buying or if in general it raises the ALT 'll consider not buying it.
Now my chance is like Terry for sure the Dr will ask me to shift from 0.5mg of entecavir to 1mg of entecavir. What should i say to her if she wants me to take the 1mg of entecavir?
Try to avoid all supplement you use for one month and repeat test maybe one supplement makes alat high
Yes! may be you are right b/c nowadays i take so many supplements but they are all mentioned here in this form like vit d, vit b complex, selenium, & so on.
i have more results now serum potassium( 4.9meq/l), iron(168ug/dl), ferritin( 81ng/ml, free T4 1.4( 0-1), calcium 10.5mg/dl(8-10mg/dl), albumin 5.0g/dl( 3-5g/dl. your comment on this again much appreciated.
I would try and remember which supplements were started since your last labs.  Aren't you taking Black Seed also?  This may be causing the alt rise, but if dna is UND I would test hbsag quant if you can to see if the raised alt is helping to clear infected cells?  Just a thought, but hopefully others can give some advise also.  
Ahhhh! You think so. I wish twinboys1girl4me.
Three months ago my hbvdna was just 95iu/ml so my expectation by this time was to be totally Und. So 'll see what my Dr will say on my hbvdna next week.