HBV mutation and HBe seroconversion
Hello.

I would like to ask you concerning the HBV infection. I am chronic HBV and just knew this result last month.

I got 3 doses of HBV vaccine last 5 months and I don't know that I am infectious until a nurse called me that I was. So, is it possible that HBV vaccine can induced mutation? since my blood test indicated that HbeAb is positive, HbeAg is negative and HBV DNA = 1320 iu/ml.

I am 31 years old and my parents are negative to HBV. Is this too early to have HbeAb seroconversion for this age compared with other HBV sufferers???

Thank you in advance for your kind suggestion.

you got infected very young probably since adults clear hbv and they just did hbv vaccine without checking if you were infected already

are your parents hbsab and hbcab positive?if so they probably infected you at birth and then clear hbv
Dear Stef,

Thank you for your reply. When I was positive to HbsAg, I told them to have blood test and it was found that they are hbcab negative and hbsab negative as well.

I ask a question since I have two friend who are chronic HBV patients and they are infected from parents, but they are in immune-tolerant phase (hbeag+, hbeab-, HBV DNA >15,000,000 iu/ml).

It makes me wondering we are the same age (31 years old), but I already moved to immune-control phase.
maybe they infected you, immune tollerants (mostly from babies to puberty) have no damage and are perfectly healthy but at the same time are the best sources for hbv to infect others.

you can check hbsag quant, fibroscan and hbv genotype to see if pegintf can clear your infection or if you need few years on tdf before making pegintf add on
Thanks Stef,

I am studying in UK (I will stay here at least 3 years) and just saw hematologist 4 months ago. US scan is normal, fibroscan is 5.9, genotype is awaiting.

Next time, I will ask for hbsag quant, but I am not on treatment so I am not sure that I am eligible to have qhbsag testing. :D

Thank a lot.

without hbsag quant we have no info on your infection and possibility to clear, if you cant have it in Uk i do suggest to move to any european country by cheap ryanair flight to have it, the test is extremely cheap and easy (in italy about 7€ ready same day in best hospitals)
Thanks again, Stef.

That is fantastic!! it is very kind of you for your helpful suggestions.
What part of UK are you studying?
You can get surface antigen test if you live around London.

Hi Mrt79,

I am studying in London with supervision of Dr Kosh Agarwal at King's College Hospital.