Hepatitis B Community
HBV postive now negative????

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBV postive now negative????

1990       I had the HBV vaccine series prior to entering a Dental Hygiene program, but no prescreening was done.  1995       After having given blood for many years,in I decided to go further and donate platlets at the local Blood Bank. Shortly after the draw, I received a letter from the Blood Bank stating that my donation "showed no evidence that you have hepatitis now, but it tested positive for the Hepatitis B Core Antibody Test."  I was told they didn't want my donations any more.
1995       I discussed this with my doctor at the time and he had additional testing done.
Results: HBV Surface Antibody = Positive
             HBV Core AB-IGM = Negative
             HBV Core Antibody = Positive
2008     Saw a Gastroenterologist for a routine colonoscopy and when reviewing my health history he askeg me if I had been treated.  I said no one had even suggested that that was an option. I was under the impression that, it was a permanent condition and was unaware of any possibility for treatment.   He said he wanted to retest me and then go from there and deciding treatment. He mentioned several drugs that were used for HBV.
Results:HBV DNA QT = <100
            HBV DNA QT = <160
            HBV Surface Ag =  Non-Reactive
            HBV Core Ab, Igm = Non-Reactive
            HBV Surface Antibody  = Borderline
The Gastroentrologist suggested being retested in several months and if still borderline, perhaps a round of drug treatment would help eliminate any residule of the HBV....that's how I understood it.

2010     I went to have my routine Blood Pressure check and a sharp nurse noticed I have very hot to the touch. She checked my tempreture and it was 102.   I had felt noticable fatigued for a fee days but hadn't thought anything of it and was unaware that I have a fever. A blood test was negative for a bacterial infection, so was told by the PNA ( doctor was away)  to just take it easy and take advil for the fever. The fever hung one for about 9 more days and then it was gone, but during that time I got increasingly fatigued.  It was an effort to even hold a pen to sign my name...everything was an great effort. And my thinking process was fuzzy. Probably due to the fever. I had no Respiratory or GI symptoms.  I don't have a clue what I had or if it was related to HBV or NOT, since the tests in 2008 showed mostly negative.  I am just mentioning it because, it is the ONLY time I have ever had any symptoms that are like what I might have with HBV. Otherwise I have been symptoms free.  And as I said, this incident may not be related at all, but thought I would mention it.

My questions are:

1. Can your body eliminate HBV, as this seems to indicate?

2. If a repest of testing shows (obviously didn't to it several months later) Surface Antibody still Borderline, should I consider treatment?  If I have improved that much, would the little left causing the Borderline cause damage?  Would it actually help?

3. Can I give blood again?

THANKS so much for any advise you can give.

more than 95% adults do, just like a stupid cold.it is a stupid weak virus only babies at birth get it cronic (chronic)

you have nothing and as an adult cant be cronically infected in any case

3. Can I give blood again?

no, once a person gets infected with what so ever virus it is not safe to donate blood

sorry but i hate the science of panic made by US drug makers, our genomes are 90-99% viral/bacterial and just 1-9% human, we just live in a balance and viruses get cleared for all competent immune system, be it hiv, hcv and hbv, even all them together at once