Hepatitis B Community
HBV replicating in bone marrow stem cells
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HBV replicating in bone marrow stem cells

HBV can infect and replicate in human BMSCs. Human BMSCs may be a useful tool for investigating HBV life-cycle and the mechanism of initial virus-cell interactions.

http://7thspace.com/headlines/398316/hepatitis_b_virus_infection_and_replication_in_human_bone_marrow_mesenchymal_stem_cells.html
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Please note the infection was done in test tube. Whether the BMSC inside a human body can also be infected is still not absolute. But it does seem likely.  I would like to know whether the stem cells in the liver can also be infected. A question for Studyforhope?
Blank
I think that the question was discuss in http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/Entry-inhibitors-show-promise-as-drugs/show/1570784?page=1

2. The liver stem cells, do they get infected too by HBV ?
The common thinking is NO, the satellite cells are not infectable, probably due to their lack of expression of the critical surface protein receptor gene.
Blank
Good memory. I just want to ask again in light of this new research finding about BMSCs.
Blank
I hope he is still read this forum and will answer :)

anyway, my profane idea is that this scenario is not possible in vivo, but is a good tool for testing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...