Hepatitis B Community
HBV test after 2 months
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HBV test after 2 months

Hello.. i just tested for HBV/HCV 2 months after exposure risk sex. .at least is a good signal tested at 2 months
i hope to get some advice or personal experience.. if someone has the same situation
please feel free to coment
Thank you
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
so what was the result of your test? if negative you need vaccine..
Blank

how can people and doctors be so ignorant in some countires!hbv needs no testing but vaccine after exposure for the few not vaccinated and in any case hbv is benigne for infected when adults

testing for hbv is useless because infection can take up to 6 months to start (getting hbv in the blood is not enough to start the infection, the virus needs to reach the liver and then it may start an infection which will be cleared by immune system in adults)

hcv is not contagious by sex

it is clear you believe the science of panic by US media which make disinformation 99% of the time so that drug makers can rip off more people
Blank
Good thing is you are aware of these diseases. Most deaths from these causes are due to ignorance. You will not have to worry about that. Your case, if positive will not be chronic and so you have evaded the chance of developing liver cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma and liver failure. These infections however can clear without treatment and so regular checkups with your doctor may be required, and if your immunity is strong it is very likely that you won't need treatment.
Blank
my results came back negative.. and thank you for your answers i strongly consider to get the HBV vaccine.. Need to talk with my doctor
Thank you.!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank