HBV transmission question
My wife is immune to HBV through clearance of a previous infection.

When we saw my Dr’s PA shortly after I was Dx, we asked about sexual transmission. She said my wife may need vaccination because I could infect her if she had cleared a different genotype than the one I have (GT A).

I’m pretty sure that my Dr’s PA is wrong and would just like some clarification on this. I think the PA is up to speed on HCV but is lacking knowledge in the HBV department.
I have never heard that...for whatever that's worth.  
Yeah...It didn't sound right to me either.

I hope my Dr (a GI) knows his stuff on HBV or I may consider swithcing to a Hepatologist at the end of my HCV treatment (if not sooner)
I think your doc's PA needs to come to this forum and brush up on his B.

If that was the case, it's pointless for vaccination since there are so many genotypic variations.  The vaccines focus on the surface region.  Regardless which genotype you have, if the vaccine lights up your surface antibody, you're good to go.

But hey, who am I to say.  If I was any smart, would have been a doctor or a PA.

I guess the difference would be that she didn't get her antibodies from the vaccine but only by clearing the virus herself.  Still, I've never heard of that not being good enough.
Doctors are notoriously uninformed about Hep B...its alarming.  You're right to find out as much as you can.  You'll know soon enough if your doctor has any idea what he's doing.
Yeah...I may not know much about HBV yet....but I know I want a Dr that knows more than I do.

I'll feel him out over the next several months of HCV tx, and if I don't think he is up on HBV, I will look elsewhere.