Hepatitis B Community
HBVer. 2 years on Viread. Monitor kidney function

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi.

I am hbver with hbeag negative. I have been on Viread for two years. Now my alt and ast are normal. My hbv dna is < 20 IU/ML.

I learned that I need to monitor my kidney function. One week ago while I was doing my annual medical check up, I ask the test of serum phosphors level. The result is 3.1 (2.2-4.5 MG/DL). It is in the range. Does that mean that my kidney function is good?

Also I have been taken Vitamin D 5000 IU every day for two months. I have the following results:

vitamin D, 25 OH: 43 MG/ML

the range are:

insufficient: 100

Please also comment.

Thanks.

Dan
Hi.

vitamin D, 25 OH: 43 MG/ML

the range are:

insufficient: 100

Please also comment.

Thanks.

Dan
Hi.

vitamin D, 25 OH: 43 MG/ML

the range are:

insufficient: 100

Please also comment.

Thanks.

Dan
you cant monitor kidneys function by one blood test only like phosporus, you need creatinine clearance by 24 urine collection made the correct way

blood creatinine, phosporus and calcium can be reliable if you test baseline and then every 6 to 12 months and see if there are changes but creatinine clearance is one of the most reliable.do not trust formulas like gfr and similar

you also dont need to worry too much tenofovir has no effect on kidneys function unless kidneys were already damaged before starting therapy.there are no tests for kidneys damage and the few available tells you when damage is already done, fibroguard, baking soda can restore function when not severely compromised