Hepatitis B Community
HBVer Caught a severe cold

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBVer Caught a severe cold

I'm on combo etv and tdf , i caught a severe cold and i know nucs suppress immune sytem , is it ok to stop them for 3 or 4 days untill get recovery ?
nucs suppress immune response toward the liver, not general immune response..at the same time they recover cd8 function against hbv.....

your bad cold has nothing to do with nucs or hbv, check your vitd25oh and if you keep it around 80-90ng/ml you ll never get severe colds.
in case you need to take vitd3 to increase blood levels to optimum levels take d3 plus vit k2, k2 is needed to fix calcium to bones and avoid any possibility of excess calcium staying in tissues/blood

if you also keep liposomal vit c at home you can take 6g of it and get rid of colds same day they develop or keep them very very mild

all my family and relatives are doing this since about 2-3 years (except vit k2) and we don t see any flu or cold anymore, they just dont exsist for us

thanks stef for your valuable info. :)
Stef, I just started tdf last week and the next day I had flu-like symptoms and it is still going on till now. Is this a side effect of tdf or is it just a coincidental cold I caught?
can be a flu, can be you are making intf because your immune system can see hbv now and clearing hbvdna or hbsag, a good sign anyway if you check hbsag quant and hbvdna you know the reason of intf

by the way those symtoms (symptoms) are intf production of your body both for a flu, for hbv or any other infection definitely not directly due to tdf
Sorry Stef, can you explain how immune system may start recognizing HBV after a week of tdf? Immune system can start reacting only if hbsag falls dramaticaly but Tdf blocks hbv replication and the effect on hbsag within a week is usually misarable.
Sorry Stef, can you explain how immune system may start recognizing HBV after a week of tdf?

this is not known but if intf is produced so high to feel flulike effects the immune system must see hbv, activation of trl7 should be the main way for the immune system to detect hbv inside infected cells, without trl7 activation little can be seen inside infected cells

the rare cases of hbv clearance after tdf or etv have immediate hbsag lowering together with hbvdna within very short time, the immune response was already active before starting nucs

these are just guesses if we have both hbsag quant and hbvdna, ast-alt we know exactly the kinetics.

in the end it can be also an immune activation to clear hbvdna, hbvdna is not cleared by nucs only there is also some level of immune activation to clear hbvdna from blood
This is actually supports the trial results mentioned in the other post where intf add-on was turned out to be most effective when intf is added 3 weeks after start of the NUCs. Probably NUC starts immune response at the beginning that diminishes later on and too support the immune reaction intf is needed.
If ggtm responds to NUCs this way probably it would be worthwhile to add intf in two weeks to get hbsAg clearance.
hing is im not sure the cause for this flu. In fact, I track back, I have been having flu-like symptoms every month since march this year. I usually do not fall sick that often I know. My recent labs:
Feb - alt 44, dna 4log
Apr - alt 88, dna 7log
Jun - alt 158, dna 6log

I really wanted to delay nucs but my dr started me on tnf last wk, saying theres inflammation going on now and my body is trying to fight but not strong enough for the virus. I hope im not wrong to start tnf. I intend to add on peg intf after 2-3yrs.
well with high hbvdna your body makes intf when trying to lower replication so it is probably the cause

check your vitd25oh too and keep it 80-90ng/ml
Is tdf going to shut down my immune system since alt is expected to drop?
I hope some immune activity still goes on even while on nucs, so hbsag will drop.
what is the daily dosage of K2 ?
By the way, which product do you use for liposomal vitamin C Stef? Where do you order it from?