If you do not know since when, then how can you say you are a chronic carrier? Anyway, find the current level of your infection and status of your lever quickly. Get the following tests done: HBsAg (quantitative), HBVDNA (quantitative), Alt, hbeAg, HBeAb, liver ultrasound, liver fibroscan. Post the results and then something may be said about where you are.
thx for your answer. i know am chronic carrier, bcs i descovered since 2 years ago, but i dont know from how many years i got the virus. I live in france and here they dont measure HBsAg (quantitative), just HBVDNA is 3000ui/ml, and one yeear before was onlu 400. I am very woried. it gets higher
You can get the basic/easier tests done first. That is:
1. Fibroscan, to check degree to liver fibrosis. (not sure if its avl in France)
2. Ultrasound, to know condition of your liver.
3. Liver function tests 4 (SGPT/ALT, SGOT/AST, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase). SGPT level is the most important here.
4. Serum Albumin
5. Platelets count and Complete Blood Count/picture
6. Co-infection with HDV, HCV
7. Level of Vit D
8. Kidney Function test
Dont worry too much about HBVDNA. It does not indicate liver damage at all. And remember, people live for many years with hbv. Just do not ignore or forget it. Post the results, and then we will see.
Following is advised:
1. Stop drinking and smoking totally (if you do)
2. Reduce fats intake (LDL)
3. No red meat; just poultry or fish
4. No artificial stuff/canned foods etc
5. Lots of fruits and vegetables
6. Vit D supplements to make up any deficiency
7. Vit E NATURAL not synthetic (200mg daily)
7. Regular Walk 30 mins a day
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.