Hepatitis B Community
HBeAg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBeAg

In 2011 I found out that I am HbeAg is reactive and Anti HBeAg is non reactive but recently I got tested again and the result of my HBeAg is non reactive and Anti HBeAg is reactive but still my HBsAg is still reactive and my SGPT is 22. I consulted with another doctor and have my DNA tested again. With the results of my test without my DNA result yet, can you give me an idea what this means or am I a candidate for treatment? Hope I can get answers from this forum clarify my inquiries.
hbeag is useless to determine almost anything, the test you need to ubderstand the infection is hbsag quantitative in iu/ml, hbv genotype, hbv pcr and fibroscan