Hepatitis B Community
HBeAg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBeAg

Please some1 help me understand this situation. My daughter's HBeAg report is positive and Anti-HBeAg is negative. What does this mean?
It means she may be at a stage of chronic Hep B in which she may have high viral duplication but with little or no liver damage and when her immune system starts to recognize the virus it may get the virus under control.  What is her ALT and other readings?
HBeAg is the marker to determine the likelihood of spread of the virus by person affected and there is an ongoing viral activity that means also that she is capable of infecting others as well. So, I would suggested to have everybody in the household tested for HBV and if HBsAg is negative then you are not infected and if HBs antibody is positive tht means you are immuned to it probably by vaccination or have been infected before but completely recovered..and that means you are safe.