Hepatitis B Community
HBs Antigen

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBs Antigen

My wife has pregnancy for three month and today we have recived blood test report and repots showes that "HBs Antigen is  POSITIVE " plz advice us precaution and further treatment.
thank you
Dharmendra Sharma
From my understanding, doctors don't treat HepB during pregnancy especially when there's no evidence of liver cell injury (high ALT).  They made treat close to delivery to lower the viral load to further minimize the risk to infecting the baby at delivery.  Your wife doctor will give the baby shots at birth to prevent transmission to baby anyway and that's very effective.

As for you, if you don't have HepB and are not immuned, get vaccinated.  And check to make sure you develop antibodies after the vaccination shots.

Good luck,