Hepatitis B Community
HBsAG ve what to do

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAG ve what to do

hi

I HAVE BEEN TESTED POSITIVE FOR HEPITITIS (hepatitis) B ,IT IS POSITIVE.

ONLY HBsAG IS +VE

ALL OTHER ARE NEGETIVE

ie.,LFT is NORMAl

HBeAG IS -VE

DNA IS -VE

HOW TO GET RID OF THIS HBsAG +VE?

WHAT PRECATIONS SHOULD I TAKE IN MY DIET?

WHAT MEDICINS SHOULD I USE?

MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED ONLY LIVER SUPPORT MEDICINS AND VITAMINE TABLETS ,IS IT RIGHT?

HOPE YOU WILL CLARIFY ME

YOURS
KRISHNA
HBsAG is Positive and all other are test negative implies you had exposure to HBV, but your immune system has cleared the infection.  Once antibodys are developed it remains in the body if not almost for life long. Did you take AntiGen test also?
Well this is an old thread (2002)  that Shankx bumped up.  Anyway, just in case any fellow HepB folks are reading, I don't want them to get inaccurate info ("implies you had exposure to HBV...but has cleared").

If your HBsAg has been positive for 6 months are more, it likely means that you have chronic HepB.  In this case, your HBsAg would likely remain positive for a lifetime.  You need to monitor the disease if chronic to make sure it remains "inactive" because it could reactivate and cause significant liver damage.

If your HBsAg was recently diagnosed (for less than 6 months), if could mean that you are acutely infected and are on your way of clearing the virus.  If this is the case, you would likely become immuned to HepB for future purposes.

HBsAg is positive u should have ur antibody positive if it is tnot so that means u  will have hep B through out ur life. i m not doctor may be i m wrong talk to ur doctor. r u vaccined? u can eat whate ver u want except alsochol and red meat. did u have test for ur viral load or somthing?