Hepatitis B Community
HBsAG reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAG reactive

My lab test shows that I HBsAG reactive? Is it curable? If if is?How long? and what medication or further lab should undergo to become totally free from this virus..Is it contagious?  I am married my wife is negative to HepB test..But still am worried baka makahwa ako.Pls help me..
Avatar dr f tn
Hepatitis B virus is transmitted by exposure to infectious blood or body fluids like semen and vaginal fluids. Most of the cases of hepatitis B cure spontaneously and may not require treatment. In patients with hepatitis B infection almost in one in five cases the infection goes into a chronic phase. In this condition the person can be carrying and shedding the virus but may be apparently healthy with no symptoms. They are known as healthy carriers. You will need additional tests to determine whether your infection is new or old, whether it is harmful or not and if you need treatment. You will need tests for hepatitis B surface antibody and hepatitis B core antibody. All three test results are needed in order to make a clear diagnosis. Results of the tests are typically evaluated together .People who are chronically infected and have persistently elevated SGPT which is a marker of liver damage, and HBV DNA levels may need antiviral therapy. Consult a hepatologist. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!