Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg Becoming Negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAg Becoming Negative

Does viral load need to be Undetectable in order for HBsAg to become Negative?

And if HBsAg becomes negative, does that mean HBsAb will become positive automatically?

--Yes.

--No.

if we talk about immune system or immune modulators it doesn t become undetactable but low, it is low hbsag that makes low hbvdna.in case of antivirals it has to become very low but again not in all cases.
it is also possible to make hbsag negative without hbeab antibody but not ususal

hbvdna can stay detectable at very low levels (1-50iu/ml) for sometime even after hbsag negative and hbsab positive but it must become undetactable within 6-12 motnhs otherwise it is occult hbv infection

no, you can even get rid of hbsag without hbsab but again this is unusual and without hbsab you might even reverse again to hbsag pos
if it is cronic (chronic) do not bother about hbsag because chances of getting it negative are 1-3% per year, that's to say almost 0%, jst monitor that hbvdna is low, liver damage by fibroscan every year and normal alt, getting hbsag negative is very rare by therapy too
Thanks for all the answers!

Yes.. the posibilty of HBsAg becoming negative is slim.. but each one of us, still hold on to that hope~

All be best guys!

there is on a rare situation for hbsag lower than 500iu/ml on cronic (chronic) carriers and not those clearing hbsag, those who have wildtype hbsag and mutants hbsag, for some mutants the test detects only wildtype hbsag and in the mix of the two the mutant can get higher titers
so does that mean, even if HBsAg is neg, there's still possibility of virus in the system?
the virus is always in the body for decades we can just achieve immune control by the antibody hbsab which blocks viral entrance to the cells, eradication doesn t exist for many many viruses only immune control.
if you make transplant with an organ toa person with hbcab positive, hbsab pos and hbsag neg you infect with hbv without antivirals...same thing if you make blood transfusion

in any case this is not important for our health immune control is perfectly good, of course in case of chemiotherapy for cancer or a transplant we must take antivirals even after hbv clearance.this is the same for anybody who got in contact with hbv in their life, very few clear hbv complitely and can have immune suppression without hbv recurrence

as regards the question above it is hbsag low/negative and hbsab presence to make hbvdna undetactable when it is immune system to clear hbv, on the contrary seroconvesion by antivirals requires hbvdna und but there are also cases with hbvdna about 50iu/ml
both interferon and ntz just rquire a low hbvdna
by the way hbv recurrence because immune suppression by chemiotherapy or immune supprressive drugs lead to death in almost all cases and also hbv control by antivirals often fails so since it is not possible to know in advance who eradicated hbv complitely it is much better to start antivirals before these....in this case there is no hbv recurrence at all in 100% cases
wow.. that sounds pretty scary.. i guess we all need to take better care of our bodies to prevent other sickness.

no it's not scarry antiviral started before prevents 100% hbv recurrance

the drugs are for reumatoid something i don t remember, chemiotherapy and immune suppression once you stop those drugs you don t need antivirals for hbv

also consider if you get cancer hbv is a piece of cake in comparison.....
i am hep-b positive value -170.62IU/ML and Antibody to hbsag  value is 129.08 mIU/ml also hbsag value is 4296 normal is 0.1 to 1.0. and my hbvdna  value is 200. am so scare and i don"t understand . is it very serious stage or. because of this i can"t joint my work. please help me out i"ll be great full to you sir.  

values of hbsag are such low that no cronic (chronic) carrier has them so low

you are probably acute or cronic (chronic) clearing the virus, make healthy life until hbsag gets negative.check also hbcab igm titer
two years bach viral load in me is less than detectable, now my hbv viral load is 2,02,845 IU/ML.. can i make it lees than detectable again and can we make hbsag virus negative with any medicine.. please suggest me