Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg count decreased by 800 in 3 weeks!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi All,

I had HBsAg count tested 3 weeks back and it was 5209 ui/ml. Today I checked HBsAg count in another lab, it was 4400 ui/ml.

Ii was wondering how is it possible. Only thing I stopped recently is, having junk foods. Having lemon juice and honey in lukewarm water in the morning and lost 3 Kgs.

I am HBeAg negative and with undetectable viral load and all liver functions are OK.

Please let me know if I can continue the samething, so that one day HBsAg negative?

Sorry but such decrease of HBsAg is meaningless but if it will keep going down much more like to less than 1000, it's a good sign. You should also check it always in the same lab to compare.
You seem to be the inactive HbsAg carrier (althought HBsAg quantitive is quite high for inactive) so probably you have 1-2% chance of HBsAg loss per year.
Thanks sorte for your clarification.
Congrats.. Now check after next 3week and if it drops further lemon juice and honey will b a matter of research. Just kidding :D
HaHa;)