Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg grew, Anti-HBeAg still reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAg grew, Anti-HBeAg still reactive

from my last lab test, my HBsAg went up, still non-reactive for Anti-HBsAg. But my Anti-HBeAg still continues to be Reactive, it actually went lower (If I'm not mistaken, below 0 for Anti-HBeAg means reactive). From 0.4 something, it went down to 0.1 something. But still, my HBsAg went higher. Is there still a chance that my HBsAg goes down.. then eventually zero? Thank you.
Could you post the exact values for your test results?
I don't know about going to Zero - unless you're one of those who spontaneously clear a virus - but I do know values can fluctuate.

As Cajim asked - pretty please post your full test results - especially if you have both past and present ones.

Meki
don't have the lab results handy right now, but if i'm not mistaken, my HBsAg went up from 100 something to about 1200 and my Ant-HBsAg still was non-reactive, i guess it went to a "more" non-reactive number. Then my Anti-HBeAg was reactive (that's around 0.4) and gone to 0.1 something)... My main concern is, with this trend, is it good? or is there still hope that my HBsAg would go down and my Ant-HBsAg be reactive? I am scheduled to have my last Lab test in August so that my Doctor could determine if it's really Chronic or not.

FYI - my initial results before these are: HBeAg (reactive) - 1200 something; Anti-HBeAg (non-rective) cant remember the excat number is. Then it became HBeAg (reactive) - down to 7 point something; Anti-HbeAg (became reactive) at 0.4 something... Which says that i got better at some point. But still, my HBsAg went up. Is that possible? HBeAg improving while HBsAg worsening? Is there still hope?
Sounds like your body is trying to clear HBV.  If you are HBsAG reactive for less than 6 months, you cannot be considered chronic.  It is hard to interpret the values a little more or a little less, better leave them to medical technologists.

Best.
Reading your Feb postings, your concerns were not whether or not you were chronic but whether or not you could be cured.

What medications have you been using?  Are you still on lamivudine only?
Air - there is ALWAYS hope...

Don't ever Give up on it.

It sounds like your immune system is fighting hard - and maybe converting it out - But I'm no HEPB expert... I'm HCV - so you'll have to wait for steven and zelly and cajim to hash it out with you.

I wish you luck - either way....

Hugs,

Meki
Thanks for the comments. When I was referred by the Company clinic to a Specialist, I was advised to stop taking lamivudine for about 2 weeks (after just taking that for 2 weeks) then my results got better (wayyyy better than i thought). Since my ALT/AST was too high, the doctor thinks that it could still be acute but chronic as the results showed. so until now, no medications. I have a feeling this is chronic since i really didnt know when did i had this. i  was thinking, upon knowing that i was getting well, i kinda celebrated and abused my health a little bit by not getting enough sleep and tiring myself a lot, so I guess that didnt help. Now, I'm doing my best to take supplementaries to help my Immunity. Come 2nd week of August, i would know if this is chronic or not.. I hope acute.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.
Indeed if you are acute and given you are adult you have 95% chance of clear HBV and be immune for life.

Best wishes.
"I have a feeling this is chronic since i really didnt know when did i had this."

This is classic statement from us chronic B Heppers.  I hope you have an acute infection and will clear but at the same time, hold expectations in check, especially since you are in the Philippines.

Also, it's nor uncommon for the Anti-HBeAg to flipflop during the eSeroconversion process.  Reactive is reactive, the range numbers will fluctuate (probably due to viral activity and immuno-responses) and it usually don't tell you much.

Thansk Steve.. I'm still hoping for the best...
hey meki i hv just 1 word fr myself frustrated.Coming from a middle class family i alwz had this in myself 2 work abroad n earn loadz of money 2 support ma family i even got a good job on a cruiseliner but my dreamz wer crushed the day i came 2 knw i had Hbsag reactive(1.96) i dn knw nythn bout it is it dangerous,wil i b a carrier throughout my life,wil i ever wrk abroad plz do reply me...tkcre n thnx