HBsAg test results interpretation
This are my result of test. HbsAg - 91.7 mlu/L. I just want to know whats your interpretations of this results. Am I infected with HEPA B? do I need treatment? Will this affect my employment?
hi uidt3417, I am far from being an expert and I understand your desire to know what all this means. I am going through a similar experience. For the last four months, my docs have been ordering blood test after blood test after my platelet count came back the first time (42 very low). Yet,  I am still unclear on what my results mean, if i need treatment, what kind of treatment, and more importantly what is at the principal reason for my platelet to be so low. Anyway, I cannot answer your question and I would strongly advise you try not to jump to any conclusion prior your next meeting with your MD who is more than likely the best one to answer your questions. Anyway, here is a little info i found (if it can help a bit in the meantime)

The hepatitis B blood panel is made up of 3 tests, but you only need to give one blood sample. This test can be done easily in your doctors office or local health clinic.

* Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg): if this test is positive, then the hepatitis B virus is present in the blood. This means that you have a hepatitis B infection.
    * Hepatitis B Surface Antibody (HBsAb or anti-HBs): If this test is positive, then you are immune to hepatitis B. You cannot become infected with the virus, nor can you pass the virus on to others.
    * Hepatitis B Core Antibody (HBcAb or anti-HBc): If this test is positive, then you may have been exposed to the hepatitis B virus, but it does not tell you whether you are currently infected. Once you are exposed to hepatitis B, this test will likely remain positive for life, even after you have recovered.

More information than the one cited above (HbsAg - 91.7 mlu/L.)  is needed in order to diagnose.

Good luck to you,

Nikita

HbsAg - 91.7 mlu/L.

check if it is hbsab because hbsag is iu/ml not miu/ml

if result was 91.7iu/ml it means you are clearing hbv or you have both hbsag and hbsag mutants

with such  low hbsag baseline interferon and alinia can clear hbv easily but i think you got it wrong, it is hbsab