Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg +ve (5811 IU/mL)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAg +ve (5811 IU/mL)

2014 February tests result:
HBsAg +ve (5811 IU/mL)
HBeAg -ve
Anti HBe +ve
HBV DNA: Undetected (20/02/14)
ALT 32 U/L
AFP: 0.8 ng/ml
USG : Normal
Endoscopy: Normal
Serum Bilirubin (T): Normal
Prothrombin Time (PT): Patient: 12.7 sec, control: 11.8, Normal Range 11-16 sec

my doctor advised me take Vitamin E & B Complex six month, End of six month chek again  HBV DNA & Bilirubin and meet. My doctor right or wrong ?
0+0+1
he is right but the most important is vitamin D both check and take d3 5000iu daily.this have an effect on boosting immune system.d3 is only natural so not possible to take synthetic
d2 is the synthetic type to avoid because it doesn t work as the natural one on immunity and d serum levels

as regards
vit E youhave to look for the natural vit E and not the synthetic.the natural vit E is a blend of several vit E compounds
here you see many vit E
http://search.puritan.com/search?view=grid&w=vitamin+e&x=32&y=22

but this is the only blend of natural extracted vit E
http://www.puritan.com/puritans-pride-brand-0102/vitamin-e-complex-high-gamma-natural-012286?scid=28818

as to vit B, it is shown to be low on active hbv
your hbsag is high but you can try peginterferon anyway, especially if genotype B, another member here took peg and ended with hbsag very very low less than 100iu/ml, probably clearing slowly offf therapy now
With dna und and alt normal you do not need no treatment. Those vitamins are harmless. People take vit d3 because its insufficiency is associated with all health problem that one can imagine but there is no proof that supplementin vit d makes any difference.
sorry i meant genotype A, genotype B is the member clearing hbsag and starting peg with hbsag>5000iu/ml, he was not hbvdna und

being hbvdna und you have more than 30% chances to clear hbsag
do have any side effects for peg treatment?
why my doctor not give this type of treatment?
He is considering your HBV UND + normal ALT levels, most doctors don't advise treatment with IFN when ALT is normalized.
However new treatment scenarios are developed and it is how stef says, its worth trying IFN.
What about fibroscan? Have you got test on them yet?

Your LFT looks good. HBe-Ag negative so the virus is not actively replicating.

IFN is not candy. Must be refrigerated, injected into your body fat once a week. Will most likely get all your blood count down to very low level. And tiredness one of the more common symptom. Above all, not that cheap unless your country got good health care subsidies.

Good Luck. I don't think you need any treatment as yet unless you like to get rid of the virus ASAP. Like Stef and Rome said, Vit D3 5,000iu daily supplement is a must if you are not on any medication for HBV.

I did not test fibroscan.
Thank you for your advice

do i expected a long life? or normal life?
Please say in my case.
my age is 23 and half year
if you are so young pegintf is a very good choice, sides are less at young age but we can t say nothing about sides, you have to try it 24 weeks and see if it works and have any sides

many have no sides, many have sides like having a flu, the point is if you want to get rid of hbv this is the only way for now
Dear Stef,
it's "pegintf" where area Injected my body? Muscle or ??
Can I use Auto-Injector machine push by self?
you can inject under the skin like for insulin, it is subcutaneous with very small needle like insulin.there are all kinds of products, if you like choose the autoinjectors pens

legs are the best and easiest place
Yes, look at stef and many others like otan and paris. All well into their 40's and some at even 50's.

Whether you live a normal life, it's all up to you. You choose. You do need support and none better than this forum.

hi stef what is the best process to get rid of hbv, i am 25 years old i want to get cured