Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAg

My sister is 7 weeks pregnant, is diagnosed with HBeAg.  Please forward me the details furnishing risks, treatment options, symptoms for this.
We are not doctors here. The information you seek is best provided by your doctor. Your sister must ask the doctor to have the baby immunized with the 3-dose Hepatitis B vaccine (with or without HBIG according to the standard local practice) immediately after birth, no delay. Also if you sister has very high viral load, she may consider treatment in the third trimester to reduce her viral load and to further reduce the risk of vertical transmission.

More information here:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/762366