Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsAg

HI All,

I made HVB test last week. The anti-HBc was positive. However, the HBsAg  was negative. The lab interpretation is that I had HBV. They will make new test to check the anti-HBS and if needed the HBV-DNA load to be sure that the HVB completely cleared. The liver values test all are in normal range. I am healthy and I never face any serious illness of any type. My question if the anti-HBS is "und" and also the HBV-DNA load "und" which is can be the case as I read in many forums (based on your experience is it common case?), what this will mean then? is there a possibility to make the anti-HBS positive?  in case the HBV-DNA load is "und" in the blood but might be detected in the liver cells, with HBsAg  negative, do I have good chance to clear it with the help of some medicament?
Tags: hbsag
If HBsAg is negative and anti-HBc is positive, this normally indicates you had a previous infection of HBV, but have recovered. Usually, you should also have developed anti-HBs, but anti-HBs can wane over time and test negative. You can, if you wish, get a booster Hepatatis B vaccine. It may help you to develop anti-HBs.

Some scientists believe that after exposure to HBV, and even though one has recovered, there may still be some residual infected liver cells. But the infection is well controlled by our immune system and there is no cause to worry. However, when our immune system is suppressed such as when we receive medical treatments for cancer or rheumatism, the Hepatitis may flare up again. This can be prevented by taking oral antiviral before commencing immune-suppressive treatments.

Thanks a lot Stephen for the rapid answer.