HBsAg
hi all,

I had donated my blood on 22 jan 2008.After one week I got a call from Blood bank(GH) and said they i have beed afffected with HBV (HbsAg - positive). They asked to come to their blood bank. But I went to another private hospital for testing HBsAg on 02 feb2008 . The reslut  of HbsAg is negative.So again i went to the blood bank(GH)  on 4 feb 2008 , and told about this. They again checked my bood But the result was negative this time. My q is .. with in this one week this HBSAG can be recoverable.. ? I ll tell one think.. I have already donated the blood on 2006.
Well, if you had a acute infection, you would have felt sick due to symptoms.  And if chronic, it would be unlikely to clear.  So i think your first test was probably a false positive.  If your HBsAg is now negative, check your HepB core antibodies, if that is positive, you had a cleared infection.  If negative, you never had HepB to begin with.  And if you are not immuned by presense of surface antibodies, get vaccinated so no worries.