Hepatitis B Community
HBsag positive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBsag positive

I am 32 year. I live in Hyderabad,INDIA. I was tested HBsag positive in Mumbai City, and rejected for Golf Accountant work visa. It was very sad for me

I came back to my city Hyderabad and did blood test after 15 days. test results are

1.Ultrasonogram of the Abdomen
Result--- NO ABNORMALITY DETECTED

2. Liver Funtion Test. LFT
Total Bilirubin --- 0.8
SGPT/ALT--- 31
SGOT/AST--- 30
Alkaline Phosphatase---119
Total Protein---7.7
Albumin---4.5
Globulin --- 3.2
GGT---21

3.
Hepatitis B Envelope Antibody(Anti HBe)--- 0.135 (OD) Method ELISA
Hepatitis B Envolope Antigen (HBeAg)--- 0.46 (S/Co.unit) Method ELISA
HBV Quantitative (Viral Load ) PCR --- 3699 IU/mL

Somebody Help me! Is it acute or chronic?
What is my health position?
Do I need treatment?
you miss the most important tests:
hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by abbott architect or elecsys roches, elisa tests are absolete and useless for us

fibroscan to know if liver has damage, US can only show if liver has cancer and not detect liver damage

you are 99% chronic, check hbcab igm if negative you are chronic

the only cure is sequential treatment by tenofovir at least 3 years and then peginterferon add on for another 1-2years until hbsag become und and hbsab>10miu/ml

if hbsag test is less than 1500iu/ml you can try peginterferon directly but without sequential treatment response is lower and slower, with hbsag>1500iu/ml the chances to clear become very low about 10% at 1 year
Thank you Steff for answering my questions.

I have been reading your post for one weak on this forum. I read about hbsag quantitative test in iu/ml abbot.

( you miss the most important tests:
hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by abbott architect or
elecsys roches, elisa tests are absolete and
useless for us)

I had hbsag test by ELISA. It showed Reactive 4540 S/Co.

I consulted a Liver specialist, He did ask me for Hbsag quantitative test. He looks vety commercial and just wrote test name on paper and asked me do test at his know lab only. I did not like this. I will go another Liver specialist.
I will go for Hbsag Quant abbott architect or
elecsys roches test in one week at research centre.

Meanwhile please suggest me about diet/food Exercise, How much rest I need every day. I am 32 year male, unmarried and my weight is 45 to 47 Kg. My weight did not increase in last 8 years.

thanks, waiting for your answer.

Typing Mistake.

I consulted a Liver specialist, He did NOT ask me for
Hbsag quantitative test.
i showed my reports to above mentioned doctor. He said " you do not need treatment, you have Inactive carriers".  he prescribed me Ursetor 300mg & livopil tablets for 6 months.

i will go for hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by abbott architect or elecsys roches.& hbcab igm.

I want start taking medicin though I dont feel any kind of pain.
change doctor right away, it is not possible to know how yu are without fibroscan and without hbsag quantitative in iu/ml and impossible to say if the virus is not making liver damage

the word inactive carrier is from an era of ignorance, good to understand bad and not updated doctors.the virus is always active what you may have is a status of no liver damage

why did he prescribe Ursetor 300mg & livopil?these are totally useless for hbv infection and also useless for liver damage plus he does not even know how your liver is, no firobscan, avoid this doctor like plague!

you have a very good liver center in india with some extremely good liver specialists, i dont remember the name, check older posts for it
by the way you may not need any treatment but in medicine you dont have to use guesses or fantasy, you need tests first and then you can say it
Hi Steff ! I see that you have a lot of knowledge about our disease, and you are saying that the only cure is tenofovir for 3 years and add peginf for 1-2 years. Is there any evidence that people are curing? or how high is the chance? i am going tomorrow to do my test,so i will post it after 2 weeks. Have a good time our friend
browse the community or use google search :medhelp so you ll see the links to the studies
I went to two more spcialist doctors of Hyderabad's famous hosipitals, both said i dont need treatment. one was Surgical Gasteroenterologist
and Hepatobiliary Surgeon.

For my satisfaction I will do fibriscan and hbcab igm
I still have to find test centre for hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by ((abbott architect or
elecsys roches)) these method are not used by many.
hi Steff GOOD DAY, can u advise me about my result what to do, and any vitamins and supplement to take? thnx GOD BLESSS...

Chemistry      Conventional     Units    SI Units
SGPT/ALT          25             U/L       4 ~ 41    25.00U/L     4~41

Imuunology
Hepatitis Profile 2 (ABC)
HBsAg w/ Titer (CMIA)     2553.15     C.O.V.     1.00      REACTIVE
Anti HBs (CMIA)      0.00 mIU/ml  C.O.V.  10.00  NON-REACTIVE
HBeAG (CMIA)           0.36         C.O.V.      1.00      NON-REACTIVE
Anti HBe (CMIA)               0.01        C.O.V.       1.00   REACTIVE
Anti-HAV  IgM (CMIA)     0.16      C.O.V.         0.80       NON-REACTIVE
Anti HBc Total (CMIA)        13.03    C.O.V.          1.00     REACTIVE
Anti HCV (ECLIA)              0.14     C.O.V.          1.00       NON-REACTIVE
these tests are not useful you need to find a good lab with abbott architect to make hbsag quantitative in iu/ml

HBsAg w/ Titer (CMIA) , this is a fraud, this test is obsolete, useless and there is no titer, the number is simply the reagent used it is not hbsag, and it has no units what a bunch of ignorants what do you do with numbers with no units.....
my mother checked her hbsag, result is negative. my younger brother is also negative. I have to check my youngest brother sister and father.

How did I get it? I never had sex, only kissing. Did I get it through injection needle? I rememer I have been  using fresh needle/injection for six years. Did I get it from barbar? he has been using new blades for eight years.

my mother is negavtive. do I have chance to clear it itself?

I am 32 My weight is belowe 50kg. I do not look healthy. Can I start light weight exercise and cycling?  I have stopped eating red meat, oil food and sweet. I am taking fruits.
dont worry too much hbv is a benigne virus once you know you have it and monitor liver by fibroscan and ultrasound, also the way you got it doesn t matter

by the way do not test for hbsag only for familiy, test hbsag, hbsab, hbcab igg and igm.hbsag only doesn t tell if they had it
just have a fibroscan and if it comes out normal you are like anyone else