Hepatitis B Community
HEP B AND COFFE

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HEP B AND COFFE

Coffe is good for liver . And how it help the liver is not very clear but what most of us hear from doctors is that is good for the liver 1) I want to ask is it with milk or drink coffee without milk?and what type of coffee is good for the liver
Coffee is a terrific antioxidant, which is why its good for the liver. Although other rich sources of antioxidants can be found in many foods, the amount the average coffee drinker (2-3 8oz.cups daily) cumulatively surpasses other sources. As far as half & half or whole milk in your coffee goes, the amount used to mellow coffee is negligible. In general almost everything you eat or drink is processed by the liver so a diet rich in fresh vegetables and fruits with limited protein (2-4 oz) from meats is great for your liver and overall health. Processed foods and sugars should be downsized when dealing with any swelling in the body, especially the liver. Most of the info I'm sharing came from a dietician specializing in liver and pancreas disorders.
     On a side note I like to use various unprocessed natural sweeteners like 100% pure maple syrup or sugar cane juice when its available which has a lower glycemic index than any processed white sugar or no sugar at all. Lighter roast beans like (colombian, south american) have less acid and more caffeine than darker roasts that have more taste and less zing. (not counting starbucks who spray caffeine onto their beans)
        Hope this helps answer your question and enjoy your morning coffee.
"not counting starbucks who spray caffeine onto their beans" really ? :)
Is this mean Starbucks coffe is no good to drink..