HEP B
Hi guys

I am 38 and i have had hep B for most of my life. Last 2 years doctors started monitoring it (blood tests every six months and ultrasound once a year). First year it was ok but last 2 tests my viral load is above 10.000.
My last test results are
1 Hepatitis B virus ('e' antigen negative)
2 Normal liver function tests
3 HBV DNA viral load 10525
4 Ultrasound scan, August 2011 normal ( elastograpy 1.16)
5 Alpha-petoproein 2 (october 2011)

I am due to see the doctor this week again after six months and I just got a letter saying that he will talk to me about relative pros and cons of commencing treatment. I am freaked out right now. I am not doing well? I am quite ignorant about the whole thing. I have been reading stuff since i got the letter but I think my brain is in panic mode and cant make any sense of my own situation. Could you please help me? Thanks
Nothing to panic, most of us carriers will face this situation eventually. As long as you keep having healthy lifestyle you will live a long life. Eat lots of vegetables, fruits everyday help the immune system fight the virus. No alcohol, smoking, oily food and sweet food/drink. Go vegetarian if you can and exercise 15-30 minutes everyday.

I suggest not to start treatment unless your ALT and AST are twice the upper normal values. You need to do Fibroscan every six months though, it helps to check for Fibrosis which is a level below Cirrhosis.

Make sure your insurance covers Baraclude, Viread and Pegasys. C