Hepatitis B Community
HEPA B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HEPA B

DEAR FRIENDS,
PLEASE INTERPRET MY BLOOD TEST AS WELL AS MY ULTRA SOUND REPORT CONDUCTED MARCH 17 2010. I AM GROPING IN THE DARK. DO I HAVE HEPA B> WHAT MEDICINE WOULD I TAKE OR WHAT HERBAL MED DO U RECOMMEND

Component                                          Your Value                                   Standard Range
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL                                   1.1                                     0.2-1.3 mg/dL
AST                                                   30                                    14-36 U/L
ALT                                                             23                                              <36 - U/L
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE                   77                                     38-126 U/L
CREATININE                                   0.72                                   60 >60-  mL/min
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE - AFRICAN AMERICAN >60 >60-  mL/min
COMMENT, GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE **

ULTRA SOUND REPORT
THERE IS INCREASED ECHOGENICITY OF THE WALL OF THE PORTAL VEINS GIVING A STARRY NIGHT APPEARANCE

ARCELY
This report says nothing at all about Hep B.
thank you for your comment. i do not understand why my doctor told me i have hepa b what is the basis for that as i can see the blood test looks normal what about the ultra sound

tnx
arcely
Go to http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/24/4/937.full and scroll down to the section "VIRAL HEPATITIS".

You may have some acute hepatitis (may not be B). Talk to your doc, you would have to do more tests to figure out what exactly you have.
if your liver  blood tests are all normal and your ultra sound report says  
THERE IS INCREASED ECHOGENICITY OF THE WALL OF THE PORTAL VEINS GIVING A STARRY NIGHT APPEARANCE, which one has greater weight the lab test or the ultra sound?

i am confused with these two findings.

please enlightened me
would my employer kick me out from my work if they will discover that i have hepa b
You are in the Philippines, right? We have several members from your country on this forum. And from the stories they tell out here, I believe it is extremely likely that you will be discriminated against.

Do not make your Hep B status public in your country. Please do take care that you don't infect others.

I am writing to thank you for the many help u are extending our friends out there who are infected with HB virus.At this point in my life i am so down whn my doc told me that i have Hepa B. the blood test might not show since they all look normal but the ultra sound is something that i am really scared of aside plus the fact that i have all the symptoms of HEPA. I am a stranger in this place here in sacramento and do not have any family here. I married an african american guy 2 yrs ago and this guy is reli very much conscious with his health. he is is picky and very clean in evrything. we almost had the divorce this early january bec of cultural differences but i begged to let me stay with him becuase  i do not have any green card yet. I can/t tell him about my condition becuase i know once he learned about my conditionhe will file immdiately a divorce. i have no one to run on to. i am afraid to divulge my condition so i just keep it myself  and just find myself crying and helpless when i am alone. one thing more they might also kick me out from my job once thet will learn about my hepa. most of the time i am weak and not getting any good sleep. i fear that my spleen has been affected to. is there any medication you could recommend me whether natural remedies or anything that would ease the pain. my gastroenterologist appointment will still be on the 28th of april. everday i feel like i am being pulled towards my grave.
please give a little upliftment my friend to ease the pain even for a short time.
thnx
arcely
It is sad that the possibility a health issue has complicated your life so much.

However, from whatever reports you have shared here, I see no grounds to conclude that you have Hep B. If you can, I recommend that you get your mind off this issue at least until you do more tests, and know for sure what you have. Otherwise you may be either worrying about an issue when you have no issues, or worrying about the wrong issue. I really don't see what you can do to speed things up with your doctor. But if you are in significant physical discomfort, I recommend that you call up your doctor and inform him: he may advance the appointment date.

Natural remedies? I know of nothing that definitely works. Just stay off alcohol, and fatty/oily food.
i just received a phone call from my doctor a fwe hours ago ans she told me that i have chronic hepa b. i almost collapsed.
my problem now is how will i inform my husband about it i am pretty sure once he will  learn about it he will ask me to move out from this place. i also worried a lot about my forthcoming gallbladder surgery. i know it will not push through once he will learn that i am infected with virus. i dont know where to go i am an alien here in USA wiht out any relatives to run on to.