Hepatitis B Community
HEPATITIS B PATIENT - LFT RESULTS /SCAN RESULTS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I did an LFT test and below are the results...
BIT - 13.5
BID  - 2.3
ALT - 15.0
AST - 25
ALP - 69
GGT- 17.9
TP 68.7
ALB 39.4

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP EXPLAIN THE TEST FOR  ME?  

I am now waiting for viral load results..

ABDOMINAL SCAN WAS NORMAL.
Most of us here are not doctors. The best way to understand your test results is to list  the reference range for each test and then pay attention to those results that are outside the reference range. These reference ranges do change from lab to lab.
All I can say is that your ALT is low, which is good. Your abdominal scan was normal is also good but is not specific enough and lack details for us to comment.
i was diagnosed of hepatitis b in 2009.. i have been doing series of LFTs and all have turned out to be in good ranges.  currently i am waiting for the viral load test result but abdominal scan saw  a normal liver size and echogenicity.. the liver measured 10.88 cm at right lobe and 5.36 at the left love. there was no abdominal mass or ascites seen. all other organs are ok.. i do feel discomfort (pepperish) feeling around my liver area and the doctor told me a lot of things i should stop taking and gave me some drugs.. my question now is CAN THE LIVER HAVE THESE NORMAL RANGE READINGS EVEN IF IT HAD CANCER OR CIRRHOSIS ? THE DISCOMFORT IS STILL THERE ANYWAY
If you are worried about liver cancer, you can have Alpha feto Protene Test. The protene is secrted in the blood while liver is growing while one is new born or during cancer. It is recomended to have it checked every 6 months if you are in high risk group of liver cancer.
without a fibroscan, hbsag quantity in iu/ml, hbeag and hbvdna it is not possible to determine your status at all, have these tests as soon as possible so we will know your status
Many hbvers  complain of this dull pain/discomfort around the liver area. There is no satisfactory explanation. The liver itself has no nerve connections and therefore should not cause any pain. Some have suggested that the sac enclosing the liver does have nerve connections, and the sac may get irritated when there is inflammation. This may cause the dull pain.
Ultrasound and AFP test are the standard tool for cancer surveillance at the moment, other serum markers are being investigated. Biopsy is the standard procedure to determine fibrosis and cirrhosis. This is gradually replaced by Fibroscan which is not yet available everywhere.