Hepatitis B Community
HIGH HBSAB LEVELS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HIGH HBSAB LEVELS

WHAT DOES AN ELEVATED HBSAB LEVEL MEAN?  MY LEVEL IS VERY HIGH.  DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE HEPATITIS B VIRUS?
HBSAB is your HepB surface antibody.  High level is a very good thing.  It likely means that you are immuned to HepB.  Check your HBSAG, if it's negative or non-reactive (which is likely given your high HBSAB level), then you are fine.  Hope this helps.
THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION.  I HAVE TAKEN THE HEP B VACCINATION AND WAS HOPING THIS HIGH LEVEL OF HBSAB MEANT I WAS IMMUNE AND NOT INFECTED.  OF COURSE, I WILL ASK MY DOC AT MY NEXT APPOINTMEN.  THANK YOU.
Yeah, I think you are in good shape.  The reason why you should ask to test for HBsAG is because that is the marker for HepB infection.  There are people who are infected with HepB that are both positive for HBsAB (antibodies) and HBsAG (virus), but it's quite rare.  So you just want to be 100% sure.