Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Had appointmnet with HEP B specialist
I just came from my doc. So i have 1.8 million copies for virus. She said that its very unlikely that i will get cured from it and that i will have to Entecavir for my entire life unless my body responds to it and eliminates virus. Right now she has given me 6 months time to see if my body fights it and if my virus count decrease. How can it decrease?
I am Hepatitis B e-antigen (HBeAg) positve as well.
My alt/ast levels in 2005 was 75/36 in 2007 was 177/unknown 2008 135/66 and 2009 april 105/48. What happeneing in my case. What can i do to to help myself?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
By 2007 guideline, your HBV DNA and ALT readings support your doctor's recommendation.

"What can i do to to help myself?"

--Be liver friendly.
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Avatar universal
Hi Favin,
I think your best to take advice of your doc and take the pills. These should take your HBV DNA level down to 'normal' range and allow for you to seroconvert from HBe antigen positive to HBe antigen negative, and then turn allow your body to produce a positive HBe antibody. This is what allchronics aim for. The pills should also reduce your liver enzyme numbers too. Altho chronics cannot get rid of the HBsAg the pills they take allow them to get down to as healthy a state as possible. How long have you been HBsAg positive for?
Brit
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Avatar universal
Hello Britgirl
Yes i agree. But she has told me to wait for another 6 months. Because if i start that medicine i cant stop. So she wants to see how my Dna count works after 6 months  from now.
I have no idea when i got it. I found out when i went for blood donation. My doc thinks it was when i was younger around 8 or 9. Why did you ask?
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Avatar universal
Favin,
I asked when because I wondered if maybe you were acute and had chance of cleqaring the virus. But if you say you got it as a child then you will most likely be chronic. Your doc will likely want to see what 'pattern' is arising with your labs. But I would think that if you have HBe antigen +ve and HBV DNA in millions then medication now would be best option...BUT I am NOT a doctor and so could be completely wrong. What do the regs on this forum think?
Brit
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Avatar universal
"But she has told me to wait for another 6 months. Because if i start that medicine i cant stop. So she wants to see how my Dna count works after 6 months  from now."

--Are you doing anything specific to the HBV DNA during the 6 months?  If not, what did the doctor say could be the reason for expecting changes?
Comment
Cancel
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1463449675
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Hepatitis Answerers
Avatar universal
Blank
Italy
Avatar universal
Blank
Poland
Avatar universal
Blank
Australia
Avatar universal
Blank
Other
Avatar universal
Blank
Bangalore, India
Avatar universal
Blank