Hbeag positve.
HI good pm everyone.

My hbeag is 180 ui/ml, my latest test. my doctor told me to take entecavir baraclude. it is possible to become non reactive.. pls help thanks hbv

the choices of the doctor reflects a very ignorant doctor or just a drug seller/pusher to make drug makers make money and not concerned about your health
look for a better liver specialist especially an updated one according to latest research

My hbeag is 180 ui/ml

not useful, check hbsag quantity

to take entecavir baraclude

very bad choice this is very weak with the lowest hbeag and hbsag seroconversion rates, this is useful only in case of cirrhosis when tenofovir cant b used.among antivirals tenofovir is more potent

suggestion:
check liver damage by fibroscan so you know if antivirals are needed, as you might already know they are uselss on hbv and can only block liver damage

check hbsag quantity because if 1500iu/ml or lower you have very hi chances to clear hbv on interferon especially if combo with tenofovir and alinia
Hi thanks for the info. I check may hbsag II quantification 184 iu/ml and and hep b surface antigen quantitative 187 iu/ml are these desame? Tnx stef.

it is important that you post exactly hwat reported in the test resul, with correct units reported and range.hbsag II quantification and hep b surface antigen quantitative are the same thing

hbsag 187iu/ml is very low and unusual on cronic carriers, check that unit is iu/ml and tests hbsag quantitative

if hbsag is 187iu/ml interferon+alinia should clear hbsag very fast, are you hbcab igm negative?