Hepatitis B Community
HbsAg Elisa OD ratio
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HbsAg Elisa OD ratio

Higher value of HbsAg Elisa OD ratio means that HBV is spreading faster. It increased from 4.11 to 14.11 within 2 months .  whether does it mean that HBV is spreading more in the blood.
Reference Range :
Negative :  = 1.11
Technology used: Solid Phase enzyme immunoassay-ELISA.
Kindly reply
Blank
that test is only qualitative, it doesn't show actual hbsag quantity but only positive or negative.
my first test was hbsag 300s/n and the lab is so ignorant that they said it was like 300iu/ml but when i tested for quantity i was 4800iu/ml

so test hbsag with abbott hbsag quantity test in iu/ml (the only quantitative unit test)

hbsag is not the virus, its only a part of the virus, it reflects cccdna which is virus template inside liver cells, the virus it-selfis reflected by replication signs that's to say hbvdna pcr
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
that test is only qualitative, it doesn't show actual hbsag quantity but only positive or negative.
my first test was hbsag 300s/n and the lab is so ignorant that they said it was like 300iu/ml but when i tested for quantity i was 4800iu/ml

so test hbsag with abbott hbsag quantity test in iu/ml (the only quantitative unit test)

hbsag is not the virus, its only a part of the virus, it reflects cccdna which is virus template inside liver cells, the virus it-selfis reflected by replication signs that's to say hbvdna pcr
Blank
if you are hbe negative and hbsag quantity in iu/ml comes out low start off label alinia (nitazoxanide) it might make it negative and decrease it for sure
Blank
Thanks Stefano 170669.
Of course my HbeAg is negative and SGOT and SGPT are normal.
HBV DNA is 537 IU/ml..

Can you tell more about Alina? Plz

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979