Hepatitis B Community
HbsAg Elisa OD ratio

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HbsAg Elisa OD ratio

Higher value of HbsAg Elisa OD ratio means that HBV is spreading faster. It increased from 4.11 to 14.11 within 2 months .  whether does it mean that HBV is spreading more in the blood.
Reference Range :
Negative :  = 1.11
Technology used: Solid Phase enzyme immunoassay-ELISA.
Kindly reply
that test is only qualitative, it doesn't show actual hbsag quantity but only positive or negative.
my first test was hbsag 300s/n and the lab is so ignorant that they said it was like 300iu/ml but when i tested for quantity i was 4800iu/ml

so test hbsag with abbott hbsag quantity test in iu/ml (the only quantitative unit test)

hbsag is not the virus, its only a part of the virus, it reflects cccdna which is virus template inside liver cells, the virus it-selfis reflected by replication signs that's to say hbvdna pcr

if you are hbe negative and hbsag quantity in iu/ml comes out low start off label alinia (nitazoxanide) it might make it negative and decrease it for sure
Thanks Stefano 170669.
Of course my HbeAg is negative and SGOT and SGPT are normal.
HBV DNA is 537 IU/ml..

Can you tell more about Alina? Plz