Hepatitis B Community
Hbsag quantification

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hbsag quantification

Does any body knows where in the US I can get  hbsag quantification test or where and how I can send the blood work for the test to other countries. I live in Dc area. This forum is very helpful, I got the info on this forum and went to Newyork -  Mt Sinai hospital and did fibroscan now I want to do this test and see if I can try the combo therapy to convert hbsag.

I am in the same boat. celebz posted in my original post " hep b biopsy" with link of FDA trial for Peg. clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT01277601?term=GS-US-174-0149&rank=1&show_locs=Y#locn
i havent checked with any of the clinics in the link but it may be a good starting point.
Thanks for the info. I talked with the people at NIH to day and trying to see if I can get in to the trial. The trial is for 4 years and they trying to see and compare Tenofovir  mono therapy or combo with Interferon. They gave me enough information to start but I will have a lot have questions for this forum and my doctor before I jump on the wagon.
I called my doctor earlier today again for Hbsag quant test. The doc is viral hepatitis expert who was originally involved clinical trials for fibroscan FDA approval in the US. I have been informed that hbsag quant test is in review and may get approved in "near future". No specifics on time frame though.
That is good news and hope they will approve it soon. My other question is about vitamin D - My vitamin D level was low on the previous check up and I am trying to bring it up by taking vitamin d 5000 IU / daily. I had the blood work done last week and I will know the current level this week. Did I see on this forum that when you take vitamin D you also need to take vitamin C or need another blood work to monitor any toxicity or level of other vitamins.