Hepatitis B Community
Hbsag quantity result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hbsag quantity result

Today i got my results. They are hbsag iu/ml 11044.01 hbvdna 116 iu/ml alt 18. Fibroscan 5.3 what can i do about this? Why is hbsag so high? I am really dissapointed. I thought it would be low.
anyone?
I think you can do nothing because your liver is ok  and alt is low.
Are you Hbeag-?
yes sorry hbeag neg hbeab pos. but  hbsag 11044.01 iu/ml i think is very high.
You know the guidelines do not even conceder hbsag quantity as an indication for treatment.
You can lower hbsAg by iterferon, but being hbe- high hbsag and normal alt, good response is  unlikely.

Maybe you should monitor and if a flare occurs start a therapy.
My case is simillar to Flamboy..ALT is Normal HBV DNA is slightly increased 3286 iu/ml and Fatty inflation of liver.. and i had sever pain 2 months back i.e in Nov'2012 and doctor strightway advised me to use Baraclude .5mg and i have started the treatment after 45 days things got improved pain decreased and ALT is 22 iu/ml within range and i then checked my HBSAG quantitative which came out as 10025.9 iu/ml.

I some time get sever pain in my abdomein where exactly my liver is present. sometime vomting sensation that's because of baraclude tabs i am taking currently.

I want to ask my doctor if combination of iterferon and baraclude Can help
in getting a cure for me ?/

Flameboy..i am sorry for  hijacking  your thread of messages..
what is your stage of fibrosis? Did you check your liver by fibroscan? Maybe it is not hbv causing you pain around liver area?
By the way I also have qHbs around 10 000 iu/ml and HBV used to be around  5000 iu/ml. I am on interferon mono now.

you need to get rid of fatty liver, it makes similar if not worst damage than hbv...the pain could have been from fatty liver too

fibroscan?

with hbsag so high it is best to try a sequantial treatment:
tenofovir 3 years (or entecavir)
interferon add on 2 years

and then according to the hbsag levels all drugs can be stopped or antiviral kept until hbsag clearance

hbsag is likli to et in the range 10-300iu/ml after 72weeks of tenofovir+intf and at those levels the virus is on immune control most of the cases