Hepatitis B Community
Hbsag +ve with 4 Years

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hbsag +ve with 4 Years

Dear Dr.

I am rabbani from India and i`m suffering from Hbsag +ve since from 2009. Now my count is 3.87 (<0.49 Negative). So, Kindly suggest me with best medicine to convert as negative. (due to i`m having a very opportunity at gulf).

Thank u.
Rabbani.
I am not a doctor. We do not know what you mean by "count is 3.87 (< 0.49 Negative)". Most likely, it just means you are still HBsAg positive.

Hepatitis B is a chronic disease. At the moment, there is no medicine that will 100% cure the disease. There are very good drugs that you take daily to control the disease, but usually for a long period of time. There are treatments, involving the use of Interferon, that may lead to a cure in some but not all patients.

Do try to see a liver specialist and get checkups regularly.
Dear sir,

Hbsag +ve quatitative - 3.87 (< 0.49 Negative) - Method - ELISA
Yes, it seems your test is a qualitative test for HBsAg - it is still positive.