Heb b values and DNA
On 26 aug I tested positive for HBsAg. Had a viral load test done and my DNA was 13,049 copies/mL and 2,246 IU/mL.
Went to another lab and was asked to do a Hep B profile on 9th sept these were the results;
HSaAg positive
HBsAg value 797.30 IU/ML
HBsAb negative
HBsAb value 0 on a scale of 0-10
HBeAg negative
HBeAb positive
Hep C antibody negative

I am confused, what is the difference between the hbsag value and the DNA? And give the results above, am I a threat to society? Am I a candidate for treatment?  Is my body fighting or not?
first of all hbsag and hbvdna has almost nothing to share.

hbsag reflects infected cells in the liver, immune system response to hbv if any, hbv inside liver cells (cccdna).hbsag is also the only test that can predict response to therapy and chances to clear hbv on pegintf

hbvdna with hbsag quant available and fibroscan is really of little value compared to the use in the past.it shows virions in the general circulation but it is of little value because even if undetactable in the blood virions are present inside the liver and inside liver cells with little difference between undetactable in blood and few thousands.it is used as a measure of antiviral efficacy during treatment and combined with hbsag it is very useful while used alone is of no use for hbv cure (i mean cure, not just maintenance)

as to your hbsag you are very very lucky, it is very low and it reflects and active immune response and high chance to clear hbv on pegintf.you have to check what your hbv genotype is and tart peginterferon treatment, antivirals are almost useless in your case because hbvdna is already very low

check also our vitamin d thread and hbv seroclearance on high levels of vitd25oh.before treatment check your vitd25oh and if less than 80-100ng/ml start taking 10.000iu of d3 before pegintf.a high vitd25oh level boosts response to pegintf while a deficient vitd give pegintf non response
Thank you for you response. Just want to clarify something's, pegintf is a drug right? For long must I take it before I go for the next test to monitor my heb p status?

Given the results, am I infectious? And are there other tests I might need to take?
Hey there once again... Been on medication for the hep b virus for 7 months now. My antibody value is 0.26 so far, but it is still negative. Should I be worried? I am still infectious?
of course you are infectious as long as hbsag is detectable
hi stef
just a comment on this
a forum freind of mine has cirrhoses and she took veread for 7 years and when i ask her if her cirrhoses regresse she told me no!!!
does viread regress or not cirrhoses?