Help understand results
Just found out that I have chronic hep b.

Here are results:

HBsAg positive
HBeAg negative
HBcAg IGM negative
HBcAb total positive
Alt 28
Ast 28
Hbv dna count is 524 IU/ml

The rest of tests are within normal range. Haven't a done ultrasound yet but will.

Not sure how long I had it. I am in late 20's, female. Haven't seen my liver specialist to discuss results yet. Wanted to see your opinion about treatment options, if any?
you got a nice results, but one thing left is heb b surface antigen value in iu/ ml. that will guide us as to what drug u should take.
I am not sure if I'll get that here in the US
You will not get that here in the US. It's a lab only result used for reference. Not available commercially. Your doctor may be given the recommendation on next step from lab. You may be an inactive chronic carrier, aka healthy carrier, which could mean no meds and monitoring only. Talk to your doctor about it.
Is there any advantage to consider treatment to decrease the viral load to undetectable? I'll talk to my doc, just wanted to get an opinion here
Taking hbvdna to und has no effect on infection because the virus is inside infected cells as a stable template that creates virions

even if no virion left, which is not achievable by current therapies, the template will recreate all population.so antivirals can be started for 2 reasons

block liver damage, which is achievable by tenofovir or entecavir

lower hbsag which reflects cccdna and number of infected cells over a decade of antiviral use and then add on peginterferon to clear the infection when hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml

but if you are in US you can t be cured because your nazi FDA doesn t allow hbsag quant testing and sequential treatment of antivirals and peginterferon....
F you travel a lot you will find both hbsag quant and combo treatment in the rest of the world, especially europe and asia
Is there a way to send blood to Europe be tested for hbsag quantity? So pretty much I am at risk here in us? FDA doesn't approve combo treatment ?
Europeqn labs don t accept blood sample sent although hbsag is very stable and no problems with shipment.in older posts there is a big network of labs in india accepting samples sent by fedex.
strange to tell india is very updated and especially cheap on hbv testing and treatment

many members tried all us doctors for a sequential combo nucs plus peg, not one prescribing

anyway have a fibroscan, this was recently approved witha 10 years delay (a us company is making fibroscan now you know fda cares about companies so they finally approved it) so you can see if there is any liver damage, if no damage no need of therapy
Hi guys I from the Philippine I am a hepa b active my hbsag is 241.5 now is getting better my hbsag is 3.22 I am hoping to become non reactive I am also a fatty liver now it getting better it is in normal size I use a natural remedy I mix apple carrot and turmeric in a juice maker I drink it in afternoon before I make breakfast...wen I woke up I drink lemon with warm water and one teaspoon of honey  in a morning and don't eat fatty food it will help to low your hbsag I hope it will help u thanks for reading it
in philippines hbsag quantitative is not available, that s a fraud test they use in your country which is very very obsolete and quantificate only reagent in the test.your hbsag can well be increasing

your choice of food has no effect on the virus of course, but helps the liver a little in the balance damage/repair
Stef, careful what is said.. while I agree with you about the quantitive not being available in the united states being a bad thing (again, it is measured in the lab, even says so on my clinical trial papers) I do not agree about the combo therapy not be available. As a matter of fact, my doctor discussed this with me and explained how certain genotypes are easier to cure with combo therapy than others, and they will often try it.

They actually do combo therapy a lot with Hep C as well, so doctors in US are not reluctant to do this.... (maybe ones you have seen were but mine did not rule it out until he saw my genotype, etc.) Unfortunately, a lot of us in the states are in a waiting game for the cure drug and I'm learning to be patient for it to come out :)
it is one liver specialist in a country of millions of people (post his name so others willing to do this and not forced to move in europe or asia or give it up).you are the first member to report this news but anyway without hbsag quant i don t see how to do this anyway

peginterferon plus antivirals are used since 2004 in italy, france, china, india and so on...nothing so special, trials are just to register its superiority to mono, not to allow its use on hbv