Hepatitis B Community
Help with lab results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Help with lab results

I started Entecavir in MAY 2014 and I got lab results in JULY 2014. I haven't been tested again but I'm still on Entecavir. Here is my JULY 2014 lab results. .....

HBE Antibody, S  negative.     negative
Hepatitis Be Ag,  S  positive.    AB.       Negative
HBV Detect/Quant, S.   10000.  AB   IU/mL   Undetected
Hep B Core AB, IGM  non reactive
Hep B Surface AB < 8.0
Hep B Surface AG reactive
Hep b AG, Confirm reactive
Anyone?
You have not done fibroscan to know weather liver is damage or not.
I've had Ultrasound,  MRI, and scope done. My GI said my liver isn't damaged.
change doctors you dont see liver damage and fibrosis by ultrasound, that s only for liver cancer detection.if you see a damaged liver by ultrasound there s no liver anymore to save

have a fibroscan and change for better liver specialists

also all the markers you did are extremely obsolete and useless on hbv carriers, you must test hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by architect or elecsys, thats the only way to know if you are clearing infected cells in the liver and when peginterferon add on can be used to cure the infection.
you must conitnue entecavir anyway because hbvdna undetected is mandatory to block liver damage
This supposed to be the top specialist I'm seeing right now. I've had endoscopy and CT Abdomen and pelvis with contrast done. They said there are multiple subcentimeter hypodensities within the liver, likely benign hepatic cysts.  The liver is otherwise unremarkable.
I suggest for you to do again your tests because from July to now 7monthes a long period.normally your dnaviral load be undetectable now and your liver enzymes be in normal range.try also to do fibroscan.your hbsab is near 8maybe you can achieve 10or more with help of antics of as lot here done.best
all useless tests, those machines cannot detect fibrosis, by the way are you from US?

maybe that s the problem US is 14 years behind the rest of the world (even third world countries), few fibroscans (just approved lately), no hbsag quant available, most specialists ignornat because not used to the most important tests which are fibroscan and hbsag quant.

no other machine can measure fibrosis of the liver, so no way to know how liver is until then.
result of the test is hbsab less than 8. it only means undetectable, probably not even quantitative if there is no miu/ml unit.these antibodies can help only when hbsag becomes very low like less than 100iu/ml
the good thing is you are hbeag positive but on weak antivirals entecavir, using tenofovir you have 16% chance to clear hbsag by 3 years but again whatever antiviral you need hbsag quant baseline and during therapy to see if it goes below 1500iu/ml and peginterferon add on be used
Stiff2011 & hope the cure for the HBV invented some where else while they are sleeping here.
evil thing is...they dont sleep...this is of course on purpose

this way they can put any hbsag positive (irrespective of liver damage) on antivirals and get as much money as possible from every single client (i dont say patient on purpose)...this is evil and criminal according to me
Yes I'm from the United States.
there s few fibroscan machines available, check with other members where you can find one in your state

hbsag quant, only if you travel in asia or europe, otherwise no way to have this simple, cheap test (which is available since early 2000-2004 like fibroscans)

at this point just take the antiviral and make at least one fibroscan so you are sure the liver is ok, if you find les than 6kpa no need to monitor in the future.if you find higher

keep in mind that it is not only hbv to make firbsosis/cirrhosis/hcc but also  bmi over 25, fatty liver or unhealthy food, or low vit d.so monitoring by fibroscan once a year or every 2 years is good also when baseline fibrosis is normal (<5-6kpa) and of course also for people without hbv