Help with test-results (3rd country)
Two days ago I had a full blood test, that included HIV, TB, Sy and Hepatitis (A,B,C). All the results came back under the limits, e.g. negative, except of one indicator: HBcAB. My doctor (a normal GP) told me that I probably was exposed to Hepatitis B, but my body recovered from it by itself and now he is pushing me for a Hepatitis B vaccine. I would trust this doctor, yet I just want to be sure that my results are fine.

If anyone can interpret them, please give me some feedback:

HAV-IgM - 0.10 - S/C0 - (0.00 - 1.00)
HCV-IgG - 0.08 - S/C0 - (0.00 - 1.00)

HBsAg - 0.00 - ng/ml - (0.00 - 0.20)
HBsAb - 1.87 - mIU/ml - (0.00 - 10.00)
HBeAg - 0.02 - PEIU/ml - (0.00 - 0.50)
HBeAb - 0.00 - PEIU/ml - (0.00 - 0.20)
HBcAb - 2.94 - PEIU/ml - (0.00 - 0.90)

As you can see, the HBcAb is almost 200% over the "limit". I tried to find some relevant information on the net, but it's very conflicting. I never had a vaccine, btw.

The month before the blood tests were taken I had a flu/bronchitis and took antibiotics for one week. The blood was drawn two days after I stopped the antibiotics.

I am currently in China, but as far as I know those tests here are at a western level.

Please give me some advise on further steps (if needed).

Thanks! :)

PS: I am still wondering how I got it, since I always used a condom during sex. Can unprotected oral sex be the cause?

Your doctor is right. Because your HBsAg is negative and your HBcAb is positive, this would indicate a past exposure to HBV and you have fully recovered from the infection. Normally, you should also have a higher level of HBsAb, but antibodies do wane over time, even though there will be an immune memory. Because it is less than 10 iu/l, the level considered to be protective, your doctor is suggesting that a get a booster vaccination to bring up the level of HBsAb.
Thank you for your answer. Is there any way to indicate the time period I had that encounter, so I could possibly warn that person? Maybe she doesn't know.
There may be a way to have an estimate, but I am not that expert. Anyway, most people don't know how and when they were infected.