Hepatitis B Community
Help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Help

Guys i need help..due to our school requirement of hepa b screening, i was shocked to found out that i have hepa b and i later found out that i inherited in from my mom..i took another test but i don't understand the result.my doctor is not around..could you guys please help what this results mean?
Anti hav -nonreactive
Hbc ab - reactive
Hbe ab - nonreactive
Hbe ag - reactive
Hbs ab - non reactive
Hbs ag - reactive

Guys please help me
Your results mean you have not been exposed to Hepatitis A( you tested negative to the antibody to Hepatitis A). However, you do have chronic Hepatitis B and your HBeAg is positive. Most likely given your age and that you were infected vertically, you are in the Immune Tolerant phase. During this phase, the HBV virus replicate in large number, however your immune system is ignoring the virus and is mounting no attacks, causing no or minimal damage to your liver.
You should see a liver specialist to confirm all the above.
Thanks..yeah i agree with you...but this chronic hepa b in not serious right?
Hard to say. It is not serious in the sense that for those that require treatment, there are  three very effective drugs. For those who require treatment but not receiving any, the disease can progress to very serious liver illness such as cirrhosis or Liver cancer.
Thanks anyway..i'll hope nothing bad happens