Hepatitis B Community
Hep B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B

Hi guys,

I'm so confused right now. I was vaccinated against Hep B about 10 years ago. I just got a Hep B titer done recently. For my Hep B core AB, it was high. For HBsAG, it was reactive. For HBs quanitative, it was low...less than 3.00 mIU/mL. I don't understand how I have the reactive virus if I was vaccinated already. Can anybody explain? Thank you so much.
You are vaccinated before that you did not developed an antibodies, The purpose of vaccination is for you to develop an antibodies against Hepa, unfortunately you didn't.
Normally the procedure after vaccination is to check if you developed an anti bodies after some months, and if not you need to repeat the vaccination until you develop an antibodies.

Another possibility is, even before vaccination you already have Hepa, in such case the vaccine is no use.
What do these numbers mean then? Does it tell me if I have an active case or a chronic case?
Have a complete Hepa Profile test, to know if its Chronic (means the infection is more than 6 month in you body) or Acute (infection is less than 6 months)
that simply means that you got it BEFORE you had your vaccination and most likely during birth via perinatal route.

vaccine is useless once the virus settles in already.

just take care of yourself and live life to the fullest :)