Hepatitis B Community
Hep B Immunity Results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B Immunity Results

I got vaccinated for Hep A and B about 7 years ago, when I was 22 years old. I failed to get the third booster but was told it was likely that the vaccine would "take" anyhow. I just got tested for Hepatitis B Surface AB and got a score of 6.7 mIU/mL, not enough to be considered immune. I travel a lot, sometimes to developing countries: Should I be concerned about this score (that is, am I truly not immune to Hep B)? Can I do something other than repeat the vaccine in order to boost my immunity (take a booster, for example)? Finally, since I took the Hep A and B vaccines at the same time, should I be concerned that I'm not immune to Hep A as well?

Many thanks.
Even when a patient completes the series, there is still no guarantee that immunity has developed. Additional serology is necessary to determine sufficient antibody production. If I were visiting areas where HAV/HBV are considered endemic, I