Hepatitis B Community
Hep B Risk?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B Risk?

Hello community.  I am raddly, I help in the herpes community.  I just sort of freaked myself out and am looking for guidance.  Please help me out.

I was just at work yesterday smoking a cig.  A gay waiter that works with me asked if he could hit my cig, I said yeah.  After he hit it a few times he passed it to me and I immediately hit it after him.  After smoking he then was telling me how he hasn't been feeling good lately and how he has cuts on his fingers from his other job.   Since this hole std thing occurred to me a few months ago I immediately thought of blood being on the cig butt and then thought of hiv.  

I posted on the hiv forum and was told that this is a no risk situation.  I am relived.  However I started thinking of hep b or hep c.

If there was blood on the cig butt and I immediately took a hit after he just hit it would this be a hep B or hep C risk?  He took a hit and pulled away giving it to me and I put it straight to my mouth.  

After my last std encounter I told myself no more sex until she is the one.  And now this happened.  I am really nervous and was finally over that hole experience. Thank you for reading and helping, much love to you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, understand your predicament. The risk could be there, it is difficult to predict. Wherever there is mixture of body fluids, the likelihood of transmission is there.  You can get yourself tested to know the exact status. Also, there is vaccination for hepatitis B, please have yourself vaccinated. Regards.