Hepatitis B Community
Hep B Surface Antigen testing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B Surface Antigen testing

Hello.  

I had this test done 6 weeks after exposure.  It came back "negative".  Can I definitely say that I am clear?
no

just testing is extremely stupid you should have done vaccine already the same day, you are still on time if negative

it is also stupid there are still countries without hbv vaccine at birth to help sell drugs....(...USA)
Hello.

Nobody told me about this.

I will arrange it if I can.

Thank you Stefano.

But do you know if this test is definitive at 6 weeks because I was told that it was but everything happens so quickly.
Oh - and I should say that I am now at around 4 months post-exposure.

well 4 months i guess is too late but probably you didn't catch it if hbsag negative, make vaccine anyway and asap so you will avoid it in the future, i'd make also hepatitis a vaccine when you go for hbv

if you want to be 100% sure you can do all hbv markers but make the vaccine first anyway since it won't make any harm

hbsag,hbsab, hbcag, hbcab,hbcab Igm, hbeag,hbeab, hbvdna pcr
those are the complete markers to check hbv