Hepatitis B Community
Hep B and C Concern after Sex With CSW

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B and C Concern after Sex With CSW

I had sex with a CSW - Oral and Vaginal both protected. I got tested for HIV and it came back negative after 14 weeks.

However I have had constant stomach irritation - pain in abdomen, frequent bowel movement, constipation etc for the last 4 weeks.

Am i at risk should I get tested?
hcv can t be transmitted by sex
hbv is not chronic on adults but only at birth

Am i at risk

risk of what?only 4% of adults can get chronic hbv

should I get tested?
for hbv yes but it is nothing to worry about it will clear anyway and if not after few years if there is liver damage antivirals can be used
Hi Thanks. Appreciate if you could help with some more advise.

Not sure what you mean by chronic in adults. I understand if you have it you can pass it on.

Is diarrhea accompanied by bloated stomach a sign of hep b.

Can Hep B be passed through vaginal fluid contact with eczema skin. The wound had begun to heal and I washed immediately. I am sure the condom protected me during sex as I did test negative for HIV.

Best Regards
on adults can transmitted but it is cleared by immune system and it makes no damage and very few even feel it, no treatment can be used because it is useless since the immune system will make the job.only 4% of adults develop chronic hbv due to damaged immune systems and only after 1 year without clearing it we can say it is chronic.

as to damage hbv itself makes no damage to us when chronic, it is our immune system to make the damage, so usually few patients with chronic hbv develop liver damage and after a whole life of infection (usually after 40years old).babies and young carriers have no immune response at all and no damage, they live perfectly healthy until older age when immune system detects the virus and starts to make damage

only at birth when babies have no immune system it can become chronic in 94% cases

no, immune response makes interferon and you feel like a bad flu, but very very few have any symthom, only blood tests can tell if there is an infection, test hbsag, hbsab and hbcab igm, they are cheap tests usually ready in one day and if positive you ll just have to wait for it to clear itself
Can Hep B be passed through vaginal fluid contact with eczema skin.

the carrier needs to have high virus in the blood, usually babies are very infectious, anyway you can only test and if positive wait 6-12months for it to clear  
Thanks very much. I will speak to my doctor tomorrow and possibly get tested.
Just wanted to point out there was no blood - only vaginal fluid on the condom.
what is the chance of negative hep b test at 19 weeks turning positive ?