Hepatitis B Community
Hep B and oral sex

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B and oral sex

Hi! I'm a male and I have received unprotected oral sex from a female sex worker. 16 days after this exposure, I had some blood work done, including liver enzymes. My ALT level was the only liver enzyme that was mild elevated, 44 u/l, and the upper normal limit used by the lab is 41 u/l.  I was also tested for Hep B and C at the same opportunity, and both were negative. I know 16 days is too early, but at least we can rule them out as a probable cause acting before the exposure. Since the exposure, I have been freaking out about HIV, Hepatitis B and C. I didn't even know Hep B could be transmitted through saliva before the exposure. I have headaches everyday, abdominal discomfort in the upper quadrant, night sweats, sore throat.

Do you guys know of anyone who got hepatitis B or C from insertive unprotected oral sex?
" I have headaches everyday, abdominal discomfort in the upper quadrant, night sweats, sore throat"

It could be many things..  Sore throat and sweats can be from Syphilis or Chlamydia..  They have to give a full STD panel test.. Also look down your throat and see what it there..

HIV can cause night sweats.. But that is a vague symptom indicating immune activation..

If you test this early for HIV, HBV or HCV it is best to run PCR tests for all these viruses.

p.s. I know people that got HBV from drinking from infected persons cup.. they were kids..  HBV is highly contagious as herpes..

You have to really put things in a perspective. A virus is so tiny, that when compared to a human cell it is the size of a football and the cell being the field.. So anything is possible.  

But if you experience this "headaches everyday, abdominal discomfort in the upper quadrant, night sweats, sore throat" you need more testing..

ENT specialist needs to look down your throat.. Symptoms you experience could be Staph, Syphilis, or Chlamydia.. that most  prostitutes are infected with.. Luckily it is treatable.

As far as prostitutes go about 50% of them have HIV.. and about 100% are HSV2 +  and numbers are increasing since it goes right through latex condoms.. Now this thing HTLV is quite often seen too.

So i don't know what is the medical community is thinking but these viruses kill the most productive population group world wide. And they are still doing clinical trials of 10 people at a time..

p.s. but check yourself for Staph, Syphilis, or Chlamydia..
and try to remain calm. It is easy to loose a mind going through all this..

If it helps you I had 50 HIV tests over 5 year period.. Before that on this forum they told me my black hairy tongue was oxydative stress related to my HBV.. That is of course is reflective of the US health care system where most doctors have no idea what they are doing when it comes to infections. So thanks god to these forums, we can pretty much treat and test our selves, as sick as it sounds it is true.. at least in my experience..